Those 4 big suitcases

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by ILoveTulips, Dec 19, 2011.

1. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Dear ILT.. nice to see something from you after your Love thy enemy.. not sure, if I had missed something in between.. living in USA, I feel the same way as you have listed in your negatives... I really wish for the day to go back and that would be in another 3-4 years when my DD would turn 6 or 7. I feel life is monotonous here.. day in, day out, work, cook, clean dishes,grocery shopping, and occasional parties.. whew...sorry.. complaining a lot..

You are right. there are so many good things here too as you have mentioned as plus point.. though my heart knows it.. my brain denies to accept that !!

I wish I had not stepped out of India .. Grass on the other side is always greener

1 person likes this.
  2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

First of all, thanks a lot for posting your comment here. Like you said if you would have left without any response, I would have missed such wonderful words.

Yes Sabi, I am doing my best to get the best out of this world and I am doing pretty good actually. To my surprise I have been learning, exploring, doing lots of things that I never would have did if I was in India. I am really thankful for that.

Beautiful words Sabi. Yes, the way I Look is important factor here. In any place, I keep thinking what I miss being here and what I would have if I am there. If only this is vice-versa! What I would miss if I were there and what I am enjoying being here.

Again thanks for your words Sabi.. :)

ILT

1 person likes this.
  3. ILoveTulips

Dear Sudha,

Glad to know that you have decided your place :thumbsup. Move after 14 years, that would have been really big move. I wish that you feel permanent there Sudha and everything goes well.

Thanks for your words and :bowdown:bowdown for making me feel better dear. :)

ilt

4. ILoveTulips

Dear Latha,

Traffic and Pollution, Yes! I was in Chennai. The factors added up to the tough commuting to/from work.

Packing and moving!! I thought of writing a book on that.. :)

KNowing that you are in US, I guess you are currently in the same boat of mine. Hope we will find a permanent place soon.

Thanks for your comments dear latha.

ILT

5. ILoveTulips

Dear Ami,

YOu rightly said. We are tightly sandwiched between two lives - not able to decide which one should we choose. Our parents too are like us, aren't they?

- My grandparents got to live with their kids. So no worry about being cared in old age.
    - We know our future that we cant dependent on our kids, so we tend to set our mind according to that.

But our parents?? IT boom has happened only recently. So until we had the abroad oppurtunity they have no idea what they will be facing. So they haven't prepared themselves for being alone! The thought is really painful. Its with the same thought I wrote this blog, soon after I came back from India vacation. Parents were waiting whole year to see us, and my mom was with sad face all the time during the vacation knowing that we will leave soon.

Anyway, hope we will decide something soon. Thanks, for your comments dear.

Added Later: The words from your father is very good one, apt one to be followed now. Thinking of the other world will only result in NOT doing our duties properly in this world. Will keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing that Ami.

ILT

1 person likes this.
  6. ILoveTulips

Dear Vidya,

See, Love Thy Enemy is another plus of being here. I never know I could write, but managed to write a 230 pages story, which I would have not recognised at all if I was there in India. I mean, there is plenty of free time here.

It is indeed monotonous here. We have to go out of our way to find some hobbies and make friends. IF you DD starts going to school, you will get many new friends.

Hope we will find a way to get the best out of both the worlds. Good Luck to you too... Hugs to your little one.

By the way, I didnt write any stories after LTE, but had some snippets posted. You can find them from my profile.

Thanks for sharing your views dear Vidhya.

ILT

2 people like this.
  7. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Dont take me wrong, but, really am not ready to read the blog as it will be too heavy & painful. NOw that the holiday is here, if you are in India, atleast, either us or the parents will peek and be with us for a week or less than that. Now, here, just 4, cooking and seeing at each other. Our parents, when we got married they were young and so, could not decide the later pain. But, it is a lesson for all of us, I am very particular in NOT sending atleast one of my kid(he/she has to be around). Forget abt their future or whatever. People in India are also getting good salary, good life except for some minuses...So, wake up ladies, let one of your kid should be reachable when you are old enough for your support. Otherwise, it is a unbearable never ending pain for both the parents & the kids. If our parents would thought abt this, we are not here talking abt this like a warped CD and our parents there all alone recollecting all about us.

I shd say that though share my father's point to you, even, I cant follow those statements until today. I am not yet that matured or never will be when comes to parents!!! Yes, Tulip, someday soon, we will go back to India and waiting for that wonderful golden day.

1 person likes this.
  8. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

very true ILT.. I see the plus points here.. but fail to accept it.. if I had been in India.. I may not have even visited indusladies.com :)

9. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

thats really true.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

ILT dear good write up. Though I have not gone out of India to settle I can understand how difficult it is. For people who love India is more difficult.