1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This never happened earlier.....So why now.....am I over-reacting??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sridivya, Mar 3, 2010.

1. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

Good point mstrue! I agree with libra as well...sridivya, do try these thinsg...hope they work!

2. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

On a little more serious note, Sridivya, if you really want to know how much attention men pay to women, look no further than your mum and dad LOL And see how much attention your dad pays to what your mum says. Many, many years of being married does that to men and it does get incrementally worse :rotfl

The amount of attention husbands pay wives is inversely proportional to the number of years you have been married.

3. sowmyar

sowmyar New IL'ite

Divya, I hear you girl. See what I feel is you could think of the suggestions not as an 'experiment', but just as a way for you to 'accept' this slight behavioral change. For instance, would you have reacted with such unease had you made certain his distraction was due to a work related anxiety? No. In that case you might have just accepted it as a temporary thing and hoped dh comes back to normal once his probs are sorted.

I am suggesting you do something of that sort. Pretend not that your dh is giving you complete attention and that you have no issues with his sudden 'loss' of interest in your day. Instead pretend you know why he is this way, so as to not let it bother you to the extent that your days are becoming stressful and you are feeling anxious and tensed. This is why I thought you could release that negative energy by getting more involved in what you generally do - not suggesting you should 'forget' that dh's actions are bothering you, but just try not to let that rule your time. It might be tough considering you are prone to worrying until things are sorted, but do try.

Hope you resolve this soon dear.

4. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

I can say honestly, NO. Yes, I understand that double talk, and to be frank neither of us does that. And moreover dh will not keep it in his mind even if it my talk made him uncomfortable slightly. He will come out openly and get it clarified.
    Thanks for pointing out the possibility.

Hmmmm.....May be!
    I will start observing what are the topics that no longer attract him. Good point....Thanks!!!

Thanks Priya.

Never knew this. I thought as we age, the more years into marriage the more closer we get to each other and actually pay attention to one another more.
    While we were growing up my dad was kinda dominating husband with having his final say on anything and the household functioned according to his terms. My mom never showed her unhappiness over this. Atleast, we did not see any signs of it. Now, I see at age 70 my dad has loosened up a lot and actually now they are more closer than what we saw. They spend more time together, they got out often and since a decade my dad started gifting my mom more. But, that was not the case when he was 40 or 50 when we were kids.
    Thanks Malavika.

OK I now get what you meant by pretending. Though I am reading your post now but coincidentally something like this happened yesterday, dh came home as usual and started his narration. I heard till the end and then zipppp......I did not open my side. I was itching a lot to tell him but stopped myself and he did not even ask me anything. My dd has science test today and she needed me to quiz her so that infact kept me busy. Dh was also very tired yesterday and after dinner he went straight to bed. So, there was not much interaction yesterday.
    I will try out your suggestion more often now. THANKS!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  5. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

I thought we are talking about paying attention as in paying attention to what you say verbally to your husband? LOL Not paying attention as in they don't care if you are sick or need help etc. But mainly listening comprehension skills.
    I know my mum sometimes would go on a discourse for 15 or 20 minutes to my dad before she can evoke a 'Hm' or a 'OK' response and sometimes men have those 'hmm's and 'ok's preprogrammed to come out at regular intervals so as to give you the illusion that they are paying attention :rotfl Whereas in reality, most things you said sailed right past their ears.

6. goodfreind

goodfreind Senior IL'ite

Sri
    No worry..this temp problem..
    Just viddu kodunga..wait oannuga..even he avoids pesunga pesikdde irunka not immd when he talks

Suppose if some one wants something frm CM. they will look for specic time and mmod

IF some recoomdn for jobs.. if you go meet GM.. look at specif time and his mood

so unka Dh edo tension or office mmatera irukalam..or something in his mind which he may not discussed with you

But anbu iruku parunga adu edume mathum

Smile smile always..(as secietnts rrasecrh.. smile will give good health and good envirmoment even happy or not hppy)

find out some time which is gud talking .tea time.tv time..edo onnu kandipa dh nalla moodla irupar appom sollunka

Onnu sollava.. neeka kovamava or edo thinkingla irunda listern pannuveengala..

Or someone might called frm DH relation etc

just apply smile ..opt good time.. talk smal asmlal not full at one time

just praise him or talk wat he like..then strat from there da

palamali solluvangale.. kariyam ahanuna kalai kood audikanumnu

adukak kalai pudika solrenu thapap ninakathanga.. ella mlesa not same.. like ella meals not same right.. pls smile ippovadu

u will see gud reslt soon

7. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

Sorry I dont understand what you are saying.......I mean the language.

8. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Phew, I am relieved. I thought I was the only one LOL

9. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Sridivya,
    A person will cut short a conversation when what you're taling to him/her is of no relevance to them (Eg: your parents/siblings/ friends) or if its soon heading to leg pulling/ complaining his side party..
    Also some guys have this feeling that only they can speak & rest have to shut up.

Many ladies have this habit of drawing comparisions in conversation:eg: If you had a hard day at office.. so did I, if your parents did well so did mine, if your child did well so did mine etc etc everyone wants to have a
    last word.

You also mentioned that you become unrestful if things are not sorted out soon, I think to make your previous point you end up starting a new point.
    "I did not open my side. I was itching a lot to tell him".. I think he knows once you start there shall be no stopping.. u need to change this image IF AT ALL its there.

For few days talk to point, he'll realise a change & will soon let you know if he's missing your original self or he likes the new you :thumbsup.

10. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

OK Shilpama, I think this needs to be worked on. Thanks.
    Earlier, he would give an ear even if I go on and on.
    I mean I find this new trend in his behavior so irritating. He cannot wait for me to finish. It is kind of like jumping to the last chapter, in a hurry to finish the book. Something like this..."OK, so Finally what happened???...."
    Anyway, since 2 days I have been talking very less. I just hear him and thats it ZIPPPPP..... nothing from me. But he has not asked me yet.......has he noticed or not????...:hide:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010