Third Thread-Ask here the Recipes you want from Chitvish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dearest chitra mam,

Namaskaram. Can i have the receipe for roomali roti . Couldnt find in your forum. Sorry if i had missed if u had posted already.

2. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

3. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot archana , i searched in recipe index couldnt find . KUDIRAIKU KADIVALAM KATTINA MADIRI i was searching ..hence didnt searched in SBS thread..anyway thanks for taking time to provide this link .. and yes will def go through other roti recipes.....

4. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra Mam i have some doubts regarding baking cakes. I need to bake cakes without eggs, ive seen some of your receipes but i need to avoid the eggs. So can you please tell me if there is a substitute for eggs???? Im really waiting for your answer.Especially for the tutti fruity cake please!!!!

5. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

6. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Chithra Mam,
    I have a question. I have 18 months old son whos very fussy eater. i want to make him eat dry fruits( almond,cashew, walnut). can i add these in powder form in making some cookies or bread/cakes. i have seen reciepe index of cookies and bread but there are so many. dont know which one to choose. he likes sweet. so thought of making some cakes or muffins or cookies. can you suggest which cakes or cookies are best for kids. am vegetarian so cant add egg to cake. is it possible to make cookies and cake softly with out addig egg. he dont have many teeth so wont be able to eat hard cookies.

Really looking forward for your reply. thanks in advance Mam.
    are there any reciepes for kids that helps to gain weight. hes really so underweight :(

Jignasha.

7. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Jignasha,

There are many recipes given for eggless cakes . Go through them in the link Cakes . We have got soft cakes without eggs.
    (You might want to go through the link How to replace eggs with flaxseed powder? .. though not sure, if its okay for kids. check about it. )

Try the cookies made of nuts, like cashew cookies, almond cookies etc as given in Biscuits & Cookies . The nuts are powdered in it.

You could get further suggestions from other experienced moms in Baby / Kids Foods subforum :).
    Bye

8. mrs

mrs Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,
    Please clarify the doubt in making the first icecream base (2) with fresh cream. In the recipe you have mentioned to add cream and essence once the mixture cools ,but later on you have mentioned "first freeze without adding cream". Can you also let me know if there is any substitute for strawberry crush?

Thanks in advance,
    Mrs

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi, the following is the first cooling:

Dissolve the cornflour in 2 tbsp milk & keep aside. Boil the remaining milk , add sugar & cornflour mixture , stirring well , simmer for 4-5 mins. Cool thoroughly - add cream & vanilla essence & mix well.

Transfer to an airtight container & keep in the freezer.

Aftter that, take out, break hunks etc is the second stage. Hope it is clear.

10. mrs

mrs Bronze IL'ite

Thank you for the quick reply chitramma,its very clear now.
    Love,
    Mrs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.