1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things you still need to work out with your toddler

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by RamyaSridhar1978, Apr 1, 2013.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Motherhood in today's age is definitely more challenging ... I don't ever remember my mother telling me it was a challenge to bring us up physically or mentally though I believe there were some financial constraints ... But as a mother now I really feel there is a vast difference btw the kids then and now ...
    We get tensed about so many issues .when I look back I feel a sense of achievement after overcoming small issues which seemed big then ...
    " In the series of small victories and large defeats I am amazed as any other that I have gotten from there to here "
    From the infancy problems to toddler hood
    ... Cutting down the naps, make them quit bottle , to making them eat whole food ( not mashing ) ...
    What are the challenges that you have to achieve now ?
    In my case it's
    1) making them eat the food themselves ( yes they still prefer being fed )
    2) Making them diaper free at night ( they are potty trained but the night is still a problem )

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Parenthood is not easy ...with every stage of your child you too have to evolve.
    Btw nice thread Ramya!!

3. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Ramya,

Good Thread...EVen i face a similar challenge . Even though my my DD is potty trained, Night she still wets the bed. she is now going to be 3 yrs. :(

4. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

For making them eat by themselves, you should start encouraging them t o sit with you while eating, and introduce the concept of eating together.

They sometime mess up the entire area but you should encourage them. And another option is when they start going to school/playschool they will start to eat by themself.

5. LunaDoveDesigns

LunaDoveDesigns Silver IL'ite

Self feeding with a spoon (her older brother can't self feed at all due to disability, which is why she refuses to)
    Talking (same again: he can't speak, and she won't try)
    Potty training (yep, again)

Dr says she's normal, just on the late bloomer end of the curve. Daycare/play school is an expense I just can't afford, so I work with them both the best I can and I figure that one day, she'll catch on.