1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things you Like about your MOTHER IN LAW

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shravyakekade, Nov 7, 2012.

1. shravyakekade

shravyakekade Senior IL'ite

A Different topic na.... something Hatke....We come across many people who dont like many things about their MIL's .... People hardly talk good about their Sasuma(MIL)... NO ONE IS PERFECT.... But every person has some good QUALITIES... I am not sure if you guys accept this topic in a good way.
    MIL may have given woman bad treatment i dont say they must have not be nice to us but we mostly point out bad things which they have done or treated us... But dont forget she had given the best gift to us... OUR LOVING HUSBANDS... and dont forget KYUN KI SAAS BHI KABHI BAHU THI

NOTE: (I DONT HAVE ANY INTENTION OF OFFENDING ANYONE -- ITS GENERAL)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hahaha... nice thread. God knows that gift is best or not. But yes my mil have many good qualities. She is the goddess of patience, calmness and hard work. She really never shows her anger even if she hates you from the bottom of her heart. She will stay calm even you use worst words for her. She is really hard working. Her cooking will always have same taste, it will never change for that particular dish. She cooks with lots of patience and everything tastes good. She will clean and cook and take care of everyone even if she is suffering from typhoid but nothing will be done for her two daughter in laws who may need her most.
    Most important thing which i like about her she completely cares about her long grown feet touching hairs and her fair skin like marble. Unfortunately, all her kids have got spouses with dark skin which is a thing of depression for her.

1 person likes this.
  3. DivyaBharati

DivyaBharati Silver IL'ite

my mil is full of constant nagging, shouting and always makes an effort to show me down and insult me ... for the sake of my husband I bear her coz my hub stands as a firewall to protect me from her ...
    anyways one thing i like about her she is a money saver, doesnt waste money and thinks twice before she spends ... she is not stingy as she buys all stuff that is necessary but she doesnt waste money nor allows us to waste money lavishly ...
    we try to buy her expensive stuff (like costly sarees or branded handbangs or any houshold things) but seeing the cost she will say no and asks us to buy the same things in bit cheaper way ...

3 people like this.
  4. Neerjavakil

Neerjavakil Silver IL'ite

Hi op
    A few days back I started the similar thread like 'why MIL can not be mother'. The thread goes so well and had 16
    replies and 661 views. I started the thread with the same intention to realise the role of elders they play in our lives. Nodoubt, there are some bad mil"s but we can not blame everyone for that matter. As a matter of fact,nobody is perfect in this world. We have to accept everyone with one's good as well as bad qualities.

1 person likes this.
  5. shravyakekade

shravyakekade Senior IL'ite

Hey Neerjavakil

Yes that's true... Thats why i created this thread. I AM NOT BLAMING EVERYONE.. I am just trying to tell point out Good Qualities..I went through few Posts from ladies and in almost 99% posts MILs are blamed in one or the other way.Yes they might be in bad situation .I am not saying you should not share what you feel (bad things) but i want ladies to come up with real good qualities of their MIL's. I AM SORRY IF I HAVE HURT ANYONE'S FEELING

6. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

whenever mil word comes to mind negative feelings come automatically to myself so have to really take a lot of strength to divert my attention to other aspects of life, otherwise already my health has been affected too much by their thoughts, so i will never say anything positive abt her at all.

2 people like this.
  7. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

My mil is loving towards my kids and pampers them. I like that about her.

1 person likes this.
  8. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

I understand your view when you start a thread like this motivating people to look at the good side of the coin. But with some here, the coin is heavier on the bad side, so when you flip it, it always falls showing the bad side!

Regarding respect for elders - Everyone here who comes to write down their problems faced with in-laws or MIL, in particular do respect them a lot, and the reason they come here is that they do not want to displease them by talking back, etc and look for solutions / just vent out here.

And it is definitely not that people do not talk good about their MILs. Infact, there are quite a lot ILites here who have wonderful in-laws, especially MIL, and they adore their relationship. Even others, while quoting their problems here, always mention that they understand, register and admire the fact that the biggest contribution in life of their DH would be that of his mom. The problems arise when the mother doesn't want to acknowledge the fact that after marriage, the son would spend more time with his wife or love her the most or his circle of close people would include his wife now, and may be, even her parents. The possessiveness gives way to a lot of troubles.

And, it definitely is good to appreciate the elders for the good things they do, the gift that they have given us - our husband. But sometimes, as I said, the bad outweighs the good, and then, you lose sight of the good for better. You don't want to expect good, because expectations lead to disappointments.

All of us here do acknowledge the gift - HUSBAND as the best thing that ever happened to us. But has she really "given" the husband to us is a different question altogether! Her accepting the marriage doesn't mean that she "gave" us our husbands! If that were the case, there would never have been possessiveness issues, would there?

Having said that, my MIL is an example of sacrifice. She left her lavish lifestyle and married my FIL who was barely meeting ends those days. And she has stood by him in all his difficulties. It is her perseverance that made DH what he is today. It is because of her striving efforts that DH has been able to have the best of education and belongings and is capable of earning a fat package that he does. I admire her from the bottom of my heart for the efforts she has put in her marriage and the efforts and sacrifices she made for DH.

5 people like this.
  9. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

She make very good DAHI BHALLA...thatz only thing I like about her....otherwise she is like:rant:rant

3 people like this.
  10. ruknights

ruknights New IL'ite

i think my MIL is a good lady but every time i say (to my friends or family) that she is nice.. she says something mean soon enough that made me get hurt probably because when i think she is nice i start thinking of her as mother not MIL and boom.. she just says something that makes me agree on my original belief that MIL is not a mother...

PS i was gonna list good things about her but i always get hurt after i say she has these good qualities :bonk:hide:

2 people like this.