Things To Take To Hospital For Same-day Procedure

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good.

Sorry, I was not clearer. I meant the area around elevators, where the doctors would wait for an elevator. In the elevator, I'd suggest looking straight ahead at the floor numbers.

Not to make light of your wait and tension at such a time.. but I am recalling a time I was waiting in a hospital. As always, things got delayed, surgeon was late as the previous surgery took longer. This was not a big hospital, more like a surgery center used by many doctors and hospitals. Anyway, so no Starbucks there. I went to a Starbucks a mile away, got a coffee, but didn't use the restroom (pandemic time). So, the wait got longer than expected and I had to use the restroom in the surgery center. It had a code. I didn't know the code. There was no one to ask the code. I waited. My plan was that someone would come to use it, and I'd request them to let me in as they were exiting. No one came. : ) Finally, a doctor (bit balding but handsome) came around. I asked him if he could tell me the code. He was more than happy to do so, and even told me why that was the code (some famous person's birthday). The kind person he was, he actually waited while I entered the code to make sure I got it right.

From that time I learned a lesson: see a restroom, use it, whether I need to or not. : )

SuiDhaaga and swarnamary like this.
  2. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

We just came home

Luckily there was no blockage, no need for stent etc. Else the TAVR would have to be postponed for a month.

They served light breakfast at hospital, now he's gonna eat at home.

Those puncture wounds are still painful

I'm glad we're home

swarnamary, Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

Ah, restroom is also a popular spot

Restroom, elevator, perhaps others....

4. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

good to know everything went well.. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbsup:

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  5. SuiDhaaga

Thank you all for your moral support. We may need meet in real, but your heartfelt wishes mean more to me than what my coworkers, relatives would say.

My Dad needs his rest and we need to gear up for TAVR, the big shebang.

swarnamary likes this.
  6. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

you are so welcome, glad i am able to help you a bit.... sure we can meet :thumbsup::thumbsup:

let him rest he will be doing fine. you also relax... dont stress too much... things will go on and on..:thumbup:

SuiDhaaga likes this.