1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thinam oru kavithai

Discussion in 'Regional Poetry' started by Tamildownunder, Mar 1, 2007.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Tamil,
    Those were good sets of Thinam oru Kavithai and not to mention the kosuru.....and added to that our Manju ma'am added tid bits( kovala.....kannagi....jollu.....ha ha ha:wink: )

And Tamil i liked ur explanations on dreams and dreaming high. My daughter is always dreaming and saying all the time that i amgoing to do this and that....of course at 20 she can afford to dream and like you have said , i tell het to work in that direction if she really really want that! But at our age can one really dream....i wonder! ( manju , any suggestion !)

Right now, i dont want to talk abt friends and friendship....i seem to be under a daze , whether this concept is true or did i think of a wrong person as my friend....well kaalam pathil sollum!and i am waiting...so once ithat clears i will appreciate the value of friendship maybe!:cry:

keep ur kavithais coming....

2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear weeping Sudha,
    Here, let me offer you a box of tissues.
    Time heals. All for the best. - at least, you got to know the true colours ! Always believe " this is the first day of the rest of my life" ! and dear Bharatiyar's "Inru puthithaai piranthom !" Let bygones be bygones, or in our Superstar's words "Gatham Gatham!" ( lets hear a whistle for that !)

About dreaming, why not ? It costs nothing, takes no hard work and if nothing,its free entertainment ! If that dream, by chance, gets realised, then thats Bonus !
    --------------
    Tamil, dont feel left out, by all this girl talk in your territory ! As sudha says, keep those Kavithais rolling.

Manjula

3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Well said, manjula.

To Sudha I would like to give here the best quotation.

Screen the past
    Cream the present
    Dream the future

4. Tamildownunder

Here is today's poem and the kosuru.

தவமாய் தவமிருந்தேன்
    உன்னைக்காண
    வந்தாய் நீ
    கரிசல் காட்டு மழை போல்

kosuru:

This is a modification by me of a poem describing the state of Karisal kaadu without mazhai.

கரிசல் காட்டு மழை

இன்னும் வெடிக்காத கோடைப் பருத்தி
    பெய்த மழையில் பருக்க
    வேதக்கோயில் கோபுரம்
    பெய்த மழையில் புதுப் பொலிவு பெற
    சேரகுளம் பஸ் வாரி இறைத்த நீரில்
    வீடுகளின் சுவர்கள் கழுவப்பட

நீர் நிரம்பிய இறவைக் கிணற்றில்
    விடலைப் பையன்கள் நீச்சலடிக்க
    மழை பெய்த ஆனந்தத்தில் பேராச்சி
    புருஷன் படுத்திய பாட்டை மறக்க

வேதம் படித்த சங்கர அய்யர்
    இன்னும் மழை வேண்டி வேதம் ஓத
    மயில் கரை வேட்டி முந்திக்குள்
    கைக்குழந்தையின் கால் கொலுசை
    முடிந்து வைத்து
    அடகு வைக்கப் புறப்பட்டவன்
    மழை பெய்த ஆனந்தத்தில்
    மற்றுமோர் கொலுசு வாங்கச் செல்ல

காட்டுக்குப் போகும் பாதையில்
    அமர்ந்த ரோட்டுப் பிள்ளையாருக்கு
    மழை நீர் அபிஷேகம் செய்ய
    என்றும் தகிக்கும் ஆதவன்
    சற்றே ஓய்வு எடுத்தான்

5. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Tamil'
    Your short poem: Jillll as the first drop of rain.:wave

re. Kosuru:
    Wonderful to read . Striking images.
    Whose poem was that and what did you modify ? Vairamuthu ? He's the one always karisal-ing.

Seeking clarification
    Manjula

6. Tamildownunder

The poem titled 'karisal' is not written by Vairamuthu but by another tamil poet. It describes how the people in Karisal areas suffer due to intense heat. I just imagined how it will be if it rains in that area and modified the poem accordingly. I am trying to locate the original poem and as soon as I get it I shall post it here.

Your appreciation has made my day.

7. sudhavnarasimhan

Dear Tamil,
    Thanks for the quotation, will definetely pay heed to these
    "Screen the past
    Cream the present
    Dream the future"
    .....Thanks!

I will see that poem as a ray of sunshine
    தவமாய் தவமிருந்தேன்
    உன்னைக்காண
    வந்தாய் நீ
    கரிசல் காட்டு மழை போல்

....suiting the weather here...he he...its been raining heavily and all dull and grey, so would appreciate a ray on light....but as usual a sweet set of 4 lines .....:2thumbsup:

8. Tamildownunder

Gracious ladies,

Here is my poem for today and the kosuru. I am sure you will enjoy it.

மண்ணில் சொர்கம்
    மங்கையரின் காதலிலா?

மண்ணில் சொர்கம்
    மைந்தர்களின் பாசத்திலா?

மண்ணில் சொர்கம்
    சொகுசான வாழ்க்கையிலா?

மண்ணில் சொர்கம்
    மகிழ்ச்சியான மண வாழ்க்கையிலே

மண்ணில் சொர்கம்
    மழலை சொல் கேட்பதிலே

மண்ணில் சொர்கம்
    மனைவியின் அன்பிலே

Kosuru:

Disclaimer: The following skit is purely fictional and not intended to hurt anyone.

செர்கத்தில் தமிழ் திரையுலக மூவேந்தர்கள்

தமிழ் திரையுலக மூவேந்தர்கள் எம்ஜியார் சிவாஜி கணேசன் ஜெமினி கணேசன் சொர்கத்தில் சந்தித்தால்- ஒரு கற்பனை

December 24, 1987 புரட்சி தலைவர் எம்ஜியார் இவ்வுலகிலிருந்து மறைந்து சொர்கம் செல்கிறார் 'புதிய வானம் புதிய பூமி எங்கும் பனி மழை பொழிகிறது' என்று பாடிக்கொண்டு. திடீரென்று உணருகிறார் தான் சொர்கத்தில் இருப்பதை. சொர்கத்தில் இருக்கும் தமது மூதாதையரையும் மற்றும் நண்பர்களையும் பார்த்து வர சென்று விடுகிறார்

July 21, 2001 நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜி கணேசன் இவ்வுலகிலிருந்து மறைந்து சொர்கம் செல்கிறார் 'யாரை நம்பி நான் பிறந்தேன் போங்கடா போங்க' என்று பாடிக்கொண்டு. திடீரென்று உணருகிறார் தான் சொர்கத்தில் இருப்பதை. சொர்கத்தில் இருக்கும் தமது மூதாதையரையும் மற்றும் நண்பர்களையும் பார்த்து வர சென்று விடுகிறார்

22 March 2005 காதல் மன்னன் ஜெமினி கணேசன் இவ்வுலகிலிருந்து மறைந்து சொர்கம் செல்கிறார் 'காதலிலே தோல்வியுற்றான் காளை ஒருவன்'என்று பாடிக்கொண்டு. திடீரென்று உணருகிறார் தான் சொர்கத்தில் இருப்பதை. சொர்கத்தில் இருக்கும் தமது மூதாதையரையும் மற்றும் நண்பர்களையும் பார்த்து வர சென்று விடுகிறார்

பின்னொரு நாள் மூவரும் சொர்கத்தில ஓர் இடத்தில் சந்திக்கிறார்கள். எம்ஜியாரும் சிவாஜி கணேசனும் ஜெமினி கணேசன் சோகமாய் இருப்பதைக் கண்டு 'என்ன ஜெமினி சார் ஏன் சோகமா இருக்கீங்க? என்று கேட்கிறார்கள்'. அதற்கு ஜெமினி சொல்கிறார்.
    " என்னோட செல்லம்மா காலமான பிற்பாடு அவ்வை ஷண்முகினு ஒரு நல்ல லேடி வந்தாள். நானும் அவளை என் வாழ்க்கை துணையாக்கி கொள்ளலாம்னு விரும்பினேன். ஆனால் பாருங்க விதி அந்த அவ்வை ஷண்முகியும் காலமாயிட்டா. நான் அவளை சொர்கத்தில் எங்கு தேடியும் அவள் கிடைக்க வில்லை".

இதைக் கேட்டு எம்ஜியாரும் சிவாஜியும் விழுந்து விழுந்து சிரிக்கிறார்கள். ஏன் சிரிக்கிறீர்கள் என்று ஜெமினி கேட்க சிவாஜி சொல்கிறார் " அவ்வை ஷண்முகி வேறு யாருமில்லை நம்ம பையன் கமல ஹாஸன் அந்த மாதிரி வேஷம் போட்டு நடிச்சான்".

இதைக் கேட்டு ஜெமினி இடிந்து போகிறார். பிறகு மூவரும் தங்களுடய மலரும் நினைவுகளை பகிர்ந்து கொள்கிறார்கள். பிறகு தமிழக மக்களை ஆசீர்வதித்து மறைகின்றனர்

9. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Tamil
    "Mannil Sorgham manaiviyin anbiley !"
    With that admission ,you are getting all the votes of thaikulams ! Vazhga TamilDW !

The poem brought to mind the Yesudas song from "Indian" - Pacchaikiligal tholodu.....There is a whole listing of anandams in the song, all extolling domestic love and affection. ("paasam mattum podhum kanne, kasu panam enathukku " being the refrain.). We all have goal, ideals and dreams, but at the end of the day , what we really need is only a soulmate.

Re.Kosuru:
    paatikkum payyanukkum vithyaasam theriyaamal pocchu, Kaathal Mannarukku! Antho parithapam ! the desperate and perilous need for living upto the "Image" !

:wave
    Manjula

10. sudhavnarasimhan

Dear Tamil,

Another good set......i liked this line...

மண்ணில் சொர்கம்
    மழலை சொல் கேட்பதிலே

Kosuru was cute, good imagination ...meeting of these 3 greats!