1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

THIN HAIR(Getting too thin,Scalp visible) & DANDRUFF....Can someone please help?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by swaran, Dec 6, 2011.

1. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

I have been taking nature bounty hair skin and nail supplements 5000 mcg of biotin from past 2 months and I noticed less hair fall..i used to have severe hair fall..now it is like 30 strands a day..!i notice baby hair along my hair line

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks heera...moved to a new place so adjusting with the water here...lets see...i ll start experimenting once i get settle ;-)
    thanks... :)
    glad to know lucky..you sure are lucky..hehee

3. sudharun

sudharun Senior IL'ite

hi swaran.....
    i found out ur post for hair fall problem. does this oil working? still using this oil? waiting for ur reply to start this same treatment for my hair.
    bye
    sudharun

4. hmishra

hmishra Platinum IL'ite

Firstly.. swaran. I understand.
    Few tips, tried n worked -

1) Never ever ever Oil ur hair .. ur hair is falling bcz its building up oil naturally, and that is the cause for hair fall. Sebum. Read about it if you dont believe me. Lots of info on net.

2) Use a shampoo that has tea tree oil in it. And don't put conditioner. Especially dove!! At least dove just added to my hair fall.

3) Do not comb hair when wet.

4) Use wide toothed comb

5) Chop it shoulder length.

6) Head n shoulders is a bad shampoo. The doc who i went to, told me to use Clear shampoo women anti hair fall with nutrium 10. That did reduce a bit, i still used to lose 30 after head bath, and just 3-4 the next day, which was quiet an improvement from possibly 100.

7) My doc told me to shampoo everyday, this is bcz of the oil build up, But i cud not. I shampooed it every 2 days.

8) He gave me some tablets which were homeopathy looking.. white small round tabs. But dint help much.

9) Paul mitchell tea tree shampoo helped me a lot. I would lose just 5 strands after head bath. But that seems to get tougher by the day to get my hands on. So now im still looking for another shampoo that works the same way.

Its a struggling battle. I think home remedies r temp..

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sudha..sorry for the late response..
    No this oil dint help me a bit..it has helped many but unfortunately i am not a part of those lucky people :-(
    Hi hmishra
    Thanks a lot for taking time and answering me..
    Here are my comments in Red

6. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

hi swaran, bumped in to this thread as accidently and noticed its still active.
    how's is ur hair now. is it still thin or improved?
    im having thin hair as well but wavy. since its wavy it doesnt look that thin but my plaits will be very thin like mouse tail. hehehe
    im losing hair also. so will follow all the tips i got it here.
    do u take the meeti seed by the way?

7. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Hi swarna, i can understand your problem very well as I have experienced it in my school/ collage days. For hair fall and visible scalp, there are many reasons for it. But dandruff is the main culprit for it. Try homeopathy medicine. Definitely you will get a good result. I'm speaking from my experience. This also may be of iron deficiency. You can consult a doctor and take proscribed iron tablets. You will see the difference soon.
    for dandruff try selsun shampoo. You will see miracle. I hope it's available in your place. But use it once or twice a week and stop as soon as you see the result. It's not advisable to use for prolonged period as it's medicated. But definitely you will see the result.

8. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

metti seed paste is good for dandruff too. i mix it with cocunut milk and little bit of curd. it will be a thick paste. i put it on my hair and cover it with thin cloth and wash it was 1 hour. but metti seed's smell is quite strong so u will need to wash it with more shampoo.

9. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

HI Swaran

I noticed this thread only now. not sure how your hair is doing these days.

I had a lot of hairfall earlier, I did try a couple things, although i am pretty bad about following through with it ;-). Blame it on my lack of patience.

But anyway. Suddenly i noticed my hair fall has reduced drastically. (or could be my imagination)

first, what I did try:
    applied castor oil 2 times a week - for about whole 2 weeks :roll:

had pre-natal vitamins - for about whole 2 weeks :roll: (not because I was planning, but for the hair!)

But then over time, for other reasons - I started taking care of my diet. I used to be very careless about my food habits. Not junk. Junk food has never been my weakness.

But the quantity and quality of the veggies, fruits etc. To top it, I used to be careless about when I eat. Never a fixed time. Lunch could be at 4 pm, dinner at 10.30 pm...Again... blame it on a listless-housewife-on-H4-visa syndrome.

But all that changed when I started working. Things happen like clockwork. breakfast at 9, lunch 12.30 and dinner is done by 7 pm.

More fruit because I feel hungry in between meals. So I take cut fruits with a little "sanda namak" to make it more enticing.

and it shows... my hair fall reduced, I have more energy levels.

revisit your habits... may be your answer lies there.

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by shantana
    hi swaran, bumped in to this thread as accidently and noticed its still active.
    how's is ur hair now. is it still thin or improved?
    im having thin hair as well but wavy. since its wavy it doesnt look that thin but my plaits will be very thin like mouse tail. hehehe
    im losing hair also. so will follow all the tips i got it here.
    do u take the meeti seed by the way?

Hi Shantana...

Hair fall problem/thinning ,looks like it would never end :-(
    i am trying out few things but nothing seems to work..especially with this dandruff around...meeting the dermatologist once in 6 months..this time he has asked me to come after 1 month if nothing works(he too got bored of seeing me once every few months)..hehe

Originally Posted by cinderella06
    Hi swarna, i can understand your problem very well as I have experienced it in my school/ collage days. For hair fall and visible scalp, there are many reasons for it. But dandruff is the main culprit for it. Try homeopathy medicine. Definitely you will get a good result. I'm speaking from my experience. This also may be of iron deficiency. You can consult a doctor and take proscribed iron tablets. You will see the difference soon.
    for dandruff try selsun shampoo. You will see miracle. I hope it's available in your place. But use it once or twice a week and stop as soon as you see the result. It's not advisable to use for prolonged period as it's medicated. But definitely you will see the result.

I have not tried homeopathy.maybe i ll give it a try...this selsun shampoo yet to try..will do
    thanks a lot

Originally Posted by shantana
    metti seed paste is good for dandruff too. i mix it with cocunut milk and little bit of curd. it will be a thick paste. i put it on my hair and cover it with thin cloth and wash it was 1 hour. but metti seed's smell is quite strong so u will need to wash it with more shampoo.

I have tried long time back..it dint work,..i just add methi seeds to the henna when i apply along with curd

Originally Posted by soulful
    HI Swaran

I noticed this thread only now. not sure how your hair is doing these days.

I had a lot of hairfall earlier, I did try a couple things, although i am pretty bad about following through with it . Blame it on my lack of patience.

But anyway. Suddenly i noticed my hair fall has reduced drastically. (or could be my imagination)

first, what I did try:
    applied castor oil 2 times a week - for about whole 2 weeks [​IMG]

I have done this regularly but no use :-(

had pre-natal vitamins - for about whole 2 weeks [​IMG] (not because I was planning, but for the hair!)

I am having a tablet prescribed by doctor as of now..others i have not tried..lets see..i ll take a consulation and then have

But then over time, for other reasons - I started taking care of my diet. I used to be very careless about my food habits. Not junk. Junk food has never been my weakness.

But the quantity and quality of the veggies, fruits etc. To top it, I used to be careless about when I eat. Never a fixed time. Lunch could be at 4 pm, dinner at 10.30 pm...Again... blame it on a listless-housewife-on-H4-visa syndrome.

But all that changed when I started working. Things happen like clockwork. breakfast at 9, lunch 12.30 and dinner is done by 7 pm.

More fruit because I feel hungry in between meals. So I take cut fruits with a little "sanda namak" to make it more enticing.

thanks ...but i am very strict on what i eat...regular intake of fruits and veges is must for me..and i maintain the timings as well

and it shows... my hair fall reduced, I have more energy levels.

revisit your habits... may be your answer lies there

thank you very much for taking time and answering my post :)