They say that Diamonds are......Poll for 26th Nov to 2nd Dec 2006

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Nov 26, 2006.

They say that Diamonds are a girl's best friend. Who is your best friend?

1. Diamonds!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. My Mom

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. My hubby

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  4. Friend from my school/ college days

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Others specify

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Is there a single lady who does not like to flash a big diamond ring on her fingers?

Well it is said that the diamonds are girl's best friend. Is that so?

This week's poll question is about girl's best friend. Can Diamonds beat and win over a human being?
    The friend whom we call up to share our joys and sorrows, share about our career advancements, problems at work, When we need a friendly advice as how to tackle a personal problem then we reach out to your friend on her mobile. Are they better than a flashy little thing on your fingers?

Cherish your friendship and cast your vote in this week's poll question.

Ladies you are all welcome to post about your best friend in this thread.

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Hi laxmi,

Nice poll, well for me my best friend is my sister's & above all "GOD", who help me & give me right direction always. Sounds strange:mrgreen:

3. Laxmi

Hi cheer

Dear Cheer

Thanks for your appreciation about the weekly poll.

That was wonderful to choose sister as your best friend. Yes even I do share a special relationship with my sister as we literally grew up together.

Nice to know that you do consider God also as your best friend.

4. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

my friends!

Hi Laxmi,
    I always appreciate your way of choosing the subjects for the poll!
    For me , when I was a student, my father was my best friend. I used to tell him everything that happened everyday..(however, I had to hide some of the naughtiness of mine and friends).
    After marriage, everything changed, Mom has become my best friend. We couldn't share every thing with husbands, if it adds pressure besides their overtime work.So I discuss many things with mom first..
    If we can call the one who shows us the right path is our friend, of course , God is my great friend!
    Any way, there are many friends who remains as wonderful freinds, who comes to help, consoles in times of necessity!

5. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

live diamonds

hi
    we women alwaya have a soft corner for jewels and diamonds.. diamonds being the best friend .. only some can be fortunate
    to your question who- mom or friend wonder why u didnt include father..
    u ask a little kid you like mom or pop? he's confused and may answer anyone though it may not be right.. some kids are diplomatic and may reply both. and i wish i had an option to say mom, dad ,friends relatives, pets and plants and ofcourse diamonds too !!!
    sathya

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear laxmi,
    A thousand diamonds cannot be equal to a good friend, isn't it?
    I miss my close friend very much, she is in Trivandrum. Whenever I go there, now it is very rare, I spend more time with her than with my family. She had been a pillar of strength to me for so many years.
    As soon as I came to Chennai 19 years back, I did not have a soul to talk to. Only after all these years, I have acquired some good friends here, including all you at IL. So I value friendship more.

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

conflict-free

Hi Laxmi,

Like Safa, I also admire the original topics that u pull out for the polls. Who would want even the world's best diamond when a dear friend is around to listen, counsel and share one's sorrows and joys? There is no comparison. Except that I like my friends and diamonds to be 'conflict-free'.

8. Laxmi

Hi all

Hi Safa and Vidya

Thanks for your appreciation about the poll topics. Please do extend your support to the weekly polls by posting your views. It is nice to get your feedbacks on the poll topics.

Thanks sathya and varloo fo voicing your opinion.

yes we ILites have unanimously voted out the Diamonds ( see 0 against Diamonds)
    It shows that we love to wear diamonds but do not consider it as close friend.

Hubby seem to have taken the lead. Very interesting to see the poll result.