1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

These nine days !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jaishree9, Oct 21, 2007.

1. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Jaishree, Nice article giving the pluses and minuses of the nine day festival. Just can't imagine where our younger generation is heading to. Our society in ending to a disaster. The morality is lost. The words like chastity, loyalty, purity etc. can be found only in the dictionaries. It is very sad.

2. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamlaji & chitra
    Thanx for reading this & shairing ur thoughts .Actually what I feel is that now a days we mix every thing wheather religious rituals or other spritual acts with want of enjoyment & fun resulting in forgetting the basic nature of the act & all dance & musti & fun that attracts young generations & market people . Thses dances on filmy rhythms & songs result in kindling of fire & basic biological insticnts .
    As such in navratri when one worship the shakti even the husband wife must exercise celibacy for nine days.
    The market people when make adds they have just one angle, like I was waching this new add of I -pill a harmonal l pill used occassionaly for post contact prevention of pregnancy but the add put it as such a easy way that sells were bound to increase without concern of who the ? benificiaries are.
    And yesterday I read abt it in news paper that this drug has found its way in school bags of teenagers thanx to the adds & drug company is silent abt it. Shud not such adds be restricted & such advice must be left to concred doctors only.
    Regards