1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Weirdest Suicide Note And The Lessons It Teaches!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Oct 20, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, vjb.
    Nothing is in our hands. Even we are not in our hands. We are in His.
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Bhargavi,
    It's not merely the excesses, sis. They have been living a moderate life though in affluence. I think it should be the fear. And that fear has played havoc. If only they had suspected that their lives had some greater purpose they would not have taken this foolish decision.
    thanks for the nice words, sis.
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Malar,
    Thanks for the great compliments. When I had a relatively big car I was also like that. I never took out the car unless it was absolutely necessary. Then one day I analysed the problem, sold the bigger car and bought a smaller car. Now I use it all the time.

I don't smell anything fishy here. If somebody had killed them and the suicide was a coverup then the suicide note would not have been this weird. As Irwing Wallace says in The Second Lady, the weirdness of something is proof of its authenticity or something to that effect. I don't find anything amiss in the parents refusing to accept the body. In this country suicide is a greater stigma than even a divorce or a sex scandal.

There is a problem with finding the purpose of our lives. We always think whether we are going to be Sachins, A.R Rehmans, Bill Gates or Super Stars. But the secret is that we should start playing cricket in our streets or meddle with the music instruments or computers. Then one day we would have become a Sachin or A.R.Rahman. The purpose will start with a seed or a small sapling. But we are looking for big oak trees and bigger banyan trees. That's why we miss God's call.

If we think the destination is more important than the journey we will miss the scenery on the way and will become restless in the journey. And if we think the journey is more important than the destination then will go astray and will never reach home. Both are equally important, Malar.
    The one lesson I learnt pretty early in life is that there is going to be no grand finale to our life. We are going to quit the same way we came in. Just like that, Unceremoniously. Probably unsung and unlamented too.
    If we understand this we'll never have the fate of Goa couple.
    And your fb is fit to be a blog in its own merit.
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Akila,
    I don't think it's a cover up. But I have seen people who have not had any difficulties in life. They will have all kinds of fears and doubts. This couple should have started their lives with a little doubt as all of us do. But then they should have succeeded beyond their expectations. Too much of comfort and affluence might have given them too much of fear. And that might have led to this decision.
    Whatever may be their reasons, we have some lessons to learn here, Akila.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Dear Janani,

thanks. Simply because something does not last it is not worthless. In fact it's all the more precious because it is not going to be there for ever.

Many times we get frustrated in our lives and hate to do our work. When somebody does a few hip-gyrations and gets a few millions and flies all over the world. why should we break our hips standing before the over making sweets? Or strain our eyes looking at the computer screen and prepare a balance sheet?

But if we start focussing on the work at hand, be it sweeping the floor, filling up a tax return or making hot water, with utmost sincerity and attention then our ego will vanish for a moment or so in the middle. That's precisely the time our purpose will be revealed to us.

In our life we should love the journey as well as the destination.
    thanks for coming in, Janani.
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Ice,
    I too missed you, your thrillers and your enthusiastic fb. I hope everything is fine with you. I am sure by this time those things that upset you would have vanished.

I am really happy you came in and liked exactly those words I loved to write.

When we have a need in our mind the Universe tries to fulfill it and for that purpose might even utilise the services of a mofussil accountant and a part time writer.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Saras,
    That's right it is a moment of feverish frenzy. But the kind of torture it gives to the near and dear, oh my God.

My cousin a man in his early forties killed himself all of a sudden. And he chose to throw himself before the running train. And he was a chartered accountant. His parents broke down so much that within three years his father passed away.

Now this Goa case is quite weird. They had it all and yet they had none.
    I am reminded of Kannadasan's song.
    உள்ளத்திலே உள்ளதுதான் உலகம் கண்ணா.
    அதை உணர்ந்து கொண்டால் துன்பம் எல்லாம் விலகும் தன்னால்.
    I am really happy that Saraswathi Ma's favoured child visited this blog and made the place sacrosanct.
    love,
    sridhar

8. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Mind blowing post Uncle!! Your blogs and posts have inspired me to be more loving towards everyone..I m a short tempered person and u have shown me through ur stories, how being patience could make me more happier in the worst situation.. Thanks for such beautiful stories :)

9. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,
    I am here on your blog for the first time and loved reading your post.
    Since few days I was also worried so much with my monotonous life and was thinking of the purpose of my life. I have completed my BHMS degree with the purpose of serving the people but could not succeed as I am lost attending my family all these years and was thinking a lot these days of it. But after reading this article from your blog, I got relieved to some extent and decided to brush up my subjects once again and wait for my purpose in life.
    Thanks for the wonderful post.
    Regards,
    Latha.

10. varalotti

Thanks, nihasvin. I do have a suggestion, though. If you are short-tempered, don't resist it. Don't struggle hard to come out of it. If you do so it will relapse with a vengeance.
    Just watch your short temper. Sit on the shore of your mind and let the water of all the emotions pass by. Don't jump into the water. Don't say "I'm angry". Say, "Right now my mind is experiencing an emotion conventionally classified as anger. "
    you will soon regain your lost temper.
    thanks once again, for the words of praise.
    sridhar