1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The uninvited guest..Please Please Advice..

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mariselviprabu, Nov 15, 2011.

1. mariselviprabu

mariselviprabu Silver IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    I am writing this post in the hope that I could find a way out of this problem,

Coming december ,Me and DH have planned to celebrate our DS birthday at In-laws house.We have decided upon some 30guests.My MIL insists on inviting one particular Mrs.X (friend of my MIL),whom I am not very comfortable with.Reason:Mrs.X ,sort of a pet to my MIL, always keeps high brows and doesnt talk to me even when I try to start a conversation.'furthur ,she has never invited me to any of her functions,Only my MIL is invited.
    My DH says,We could consider to host the party in a hotel ,but its already late and I was not able to locate any good hotels.
    I would like all your advices on how to go abt this with out hurting my MIL too.Pls Pls advice.

Thanking you,
    Mariselvi Prabu

2. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

If you are celebrating it in your IL's house I think your MIL has every right to invite her friend. I can understand your point, but can you just ignore your MIL's friend during the event? You are under no obligation to socialize with her if she turns her nose up at you. So just ignore her pointedly and hope she gets the message!

sindmani and Megalife like this.
  3. Mrudhani

Mrudhani Silver IL'ite

I dont think inviting your MIL's friend would cause any problem to you because here you are the host of the party. That particular day which is going be a party, you will find yourself busy talking to all the guests.
    So I dont think that lady's presence can harm you.

Forget about petty things and think big on planning the party well!!!

4. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Why create problems on a nice day?? Just go ahead n invite ur MILs friend or ask ur MIL to invite her... She is not gonna harm u... When all ur friends ll be there, ur MIL would be comfortable talking n spending time with her friend... They would be together n would not bother u... U can just say a hi n carry on with the other guests... Ur MIL will take care of her friend... Tht way both u n ur MIL would be happy... Take care n enjoy ur kids birthday party..

sindmani likes this.
  5. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Invite her personally and give her royal treatment. Then, she may realize her mistake.

6. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Agree with everyone. Don't let the presence of one person antagonize you so much. Be gracious and let your MIL invite her. If the party was at your house and your MIL insisted on inviting her, it would have been another matter, however, since the party is at ILs house, she might want to invite her friend even if the friend has never invited you.

7. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Let MIL invite MRs X, you just say hi to her and ignore her completely.

sindmani likes this.
  8. mariselviprabu

mariselviprabu Silver IL'ite

Hai All,

Thank you so much for your time and valuble advice.I am so happy that I could depend on my frds at IL.Thank you all so much...

Regds,
    Mariselvi.P