1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The typical 'Housewife' syndrome

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Khanaksmom, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Khanaksmom

Khanaksmom Silver IL'ite

Hello Lovely ladies

Apologies to call this a 'Housewife' syndrome but I guess we are the worst affected by this.

The moment I finish eating my lunch my eyes just shut. Yes the afternoon siesta. I know its good but what if it gets stretched into hours!! :bonk I end up sleeping the whole afternoon and hence wasting all the time when I could just read or do something fruitful. This in turn messes my night sleep. I have even tried the alarm to wake me but I turn it off and then go back to sleep:hide:!!

Do you also 'suffer' from this like I do? Is there any remedy to not sleep in the afternoon?

As I am writing this my eyes are just closing...

2. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

you in CA? enjoy the finest weather in the country and go out for a walk after lunch :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Yaa i have it...i need a nap in the afternoon...i dont mind delaying my sleep at night but in the afternoon...no ways i love my sleep..
    But the alarm clock wakes me up after 30-45mins( whatever i have chosen) or my son wakes me up :)

1 person likes this.
  4. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

Well you can either (a) put an alarm on or (b) whenever you feel sleepy, make it a point to do something so you can get over the 'sleepy feeling'
    I will point out I too use to have to sleep in the afternoon, it becomes a habit where your body needs it at the same time everyday almost like babies who have a sleep schedule.
    Once you break the habit, it gets easier and you find you can go throughout the day without napping.

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi khanaksmom, welcome to iL

For me I can never sleep in the afternoon unless I am badly unwell & put on drowsy medicines. In that case, it becomes a very great & difficult task for me to even open my eyes or move though my mind wakes up.

Many suffer from this habit only with will power & right diversion of mind, once can succeed this.

If you don't get sufficient sleep in the night, it is better to sleep in the afternoon so that your body can get sufficient rest to rejuvenate itself.

If you want to avoid the afternoon nap, you can try these tips :-

1. Avoid eating to your stomach's fill. Eat lightly.
    2. Avoid eating too much of curd , masala or oil items (If you have good food then you may not require a lullaby)
    3. Avoid boring activities
    4. Never sleep and watch TV or read books
    5. Engage yourself in a good hobby work which will keep you active
    6. Chat with friends post lunch
    7. If you keep doing same work conitnuously also you may feel sleepy so remember to get up, have some walk, drink water, splash clean water into your eyes to keep you fresh.

2 people like this.