1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Twist

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by maalti, Jan 17, 2023.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Monu gave a startled expression on hearing Deepu’s words. “What did you say” she asked again. Deepu told her firmly “I said I cannot marry you. My parents have fixed an alliance and I am going to marry that girl. I am sorry Monu but my mom threatened that she would commit suicide if I don’t marry the girl whom she has approved”. They were talking outside her house. “Then what about the promises you have made and what about our love?” she asked desperately. “I know, but my mother’s life is at stake and I cannot take any risk. Please marry someone else and be happy,” said Deepu.

Monu ran into her house, inside the bedroom and locked the door from inside. Deepu came running behind but she had already locked the door. “Please Monu, please don’t do anything stupid” Deepu pleaded. On hearing the noise, her mother came running from the kitchen. “Monu, Monu, what are you doing? Please come out” her mother cried. “I am sorry ma. But I don’t want to live any longer. The man I loved has just thrown away me like a piece of waste paper. Please leave me to die peacefully” Monu replied with tears running down her cheeks. At that time, a big loud noise came from the entrance.

“Cut, cut” said the Director. “Perfect Mam, perfect. You have given splendid performance in one take”. The actor Sheena (who was acting as Monu in the movie) came out of the room with a big smile on her face. Everyone around applauded.

Rihana, jyothishri, MalStrom and 2 others like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Dear Sister Maalti,
    I enjoyed reading Twist & the ultimate unexpected pleasant twist. On celluloid such scenes come out really well while in real life these may be hidden and snowballs slowly and steadily.
    Short & sweet twist as always. That is your habit in blog.
    Regards.
    God Bless.

Cheeniya and maalti like this.
  3. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much Thyagu Anna. Such reviews encourage me to write more

Cheeniya and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

The suspense continued till the last lines.

Thyagarajan and maalti like this.
  5. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank you