1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

" The Time to Heal Our Life "

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subbutr, Oct 19, 2007.

1. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My dear friends,
    Why don't we discuss the ways of " The Time to Heal Our Life "
    Have we committed time to healing our life and growing beyond some past issue that has, thus far, limited our ability to feel whole and alive?
    If we are in a body, we probably answered yes to this question.
    Believe it or not, nearly everyone on the planet who is spiritually conscious is becoming more and more aware of a current "healing crisis."
    We may have already found ourselves longing for the days when we were less conscious; the days when we were numb to the issues that are now closing in on us.
    Well let our heart be lifted by knowing that there is a reason for those difficult times, even the ones that are recurring patterns in our life.
    The first thing to accept and affirm is that despite the seeming of our limitation and difficulty, "this too shall pass."
    Deep down at the core of our being is a perfect image of love, compassion and peace.
    The second thing to understand is that each of us accepts almighty as our issue that keeps us bound here.
    As we process through our chosen/given God's (or issue), we find ourselves merging with our true Divine nature.
    Further, it is only by gathering the faith and strength to make the commitment to heal our "stuff" that we will enter the "peace that surpasses understanding",the God Consciousness.

It used to be thought that the greatest spiritual advancements were reserved for a few masters who, after long periods of detachment from the world, would eventually achieve a sense of the God-Presence.
    Yet now we find that each of us is a potential master whose enlightenment awaits our commitment to journey within through the limiting beliefs and tragic memories that we have wrapped around our hearts, keeping us from sharing love.
    If our past controls us (knowingly or unknowingly) in a way that does not feel joyous, then we are incapable of unconditional love.
    There comes a time, however, when " we have had enough."
    We are tired of the grief that some past trauma has caused us and yet nothing we do makes it go away.
    So we just give in again. However, there is another option!
    We can learn how to see "the God we bare" as a focal point for healing through forgiveness--not only to release ourselves but everyone else with a similar issue. As it is done in one of us, it is done to some degree in all!
    To accomplish this we need to accept that there is a purpose (usually beyond human awareness) for this issue to be before us.
    Further, we need to own up to the fact that on some level, we "signed-on" for this particular assignment.
    Once we accept this we can feel empowered once again, rather than continuing on as a victim.
    As we release being a victim, we can bid farewell to our victimizers.
    The funny thing is that for many of us this is a frightening concept.
    After all, we have had those in our lives for so long.
    We might actually find ourselves afraid of what life would be like without them or the pain that they share with us.
    Take time to do a self-inventory on this, but be very clear and honest with ourselves.
    The greatest lesson we can learn however is that we do not have to put so much attention on the trauma or pain itself.
    Instead, we can practice focusing on our goal of love which can, at first, take some discipline.
    Yet with this goal in mind, we find that we can drop our issues and the control they once had because of our stronger commitment toward peace.
    We might still choose some practical tools or techniques to assist the healing process, but now we keep our eye on the light at the end of the tunnel.
    The best way to know if healing has occurred does not come from tears, dialog, affirmations, rituals, counseling, nor sedatives alone , but from our feelings and reactions.
    In other words, when we have honestly given the pain or trauma up to God, we will find that the memory or people involved no longer find buttons inside of us to push.
    That is not enough though, since we can become masters at suppressing and denying our responses.
    So the final sign of healing comes from an absolute sense of peace in the face of the memories or pain.
    We might even be startled by the fact that we not only have little or no reaction to the "stuff" but that we actually feel PEACEFUL despite it all.
    We will know we are there when the stuff comes up and it has as little affect on us as a light breeze to a well-rooted tree.
    cya......subbu

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Subbuji,

Wonderful.i did not know u are of a philospical mind.Great one.Regards.kamal

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Subbu,

It is a great article, with lot of meaning and messages...

But it is too abstract... By the time i complete reading, I forget or lost totally... I would have read atleast 7-8 times... Halfway through I skip...

I feel I am doing injustice for all the efforts you have taken in posting this...

Can I make a suggestion... If you can give examples/short stories and give this in parts, it will be of great help... We can understand and appreciate it much better...

Sorry, if I have said something wrong...

4. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Dear Subbu,

Great write-up. I was reminded of Khalil Gibran's saying (I am NOT quoting verbatim) - 'we hate those people who were responsible for our life-changing experiences'. By not letting go of that hatred, we are stuck with them for ever and carry the burden. We truly will learn from the experience only if we dissociate the person/act and then get on with life.

Admittedly, this is very difficult to enforce in pracitality. But I think it is an art worth picking - to truly forgive and forget.

Very well thought out and written. Wish we could all follow this! Though this is not the place to write this, I would like to nominate this post for 'Best post':clap' (well, I should remember to post it when the nominations are called for, dont know when they come, have not kept track of it !!!).

Cheers,

Sumathy

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sorry Subbu I agree with Mr.Veda.
    If you can explain it in parts with some examples and short stories which helps in understanding.
    Sorry once again

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear subbu,
    a very nice write up but for all to follow is difficult ur article tells of a soul that has traveled a lot and knows why this is happening, about someone being negative with you is your life has been styled so, otherwise they would understand and make you happy in your life, but no they are supposed to play the negative role given to them so that we experience the pain. while we travel again the soul is being asked how about a reverse of action like the people who have made hell will be at your mercy in your journey of realization then the well traveled soul rejects it immediately knowing it would be made negative and the process keeps continuing and until one realize there is no end to this drama and enough is enough let me loosen out and get rid of this cycle, and come to peace with what i have and no other lucrative proposition is going to change the mind.the enlightenment starts its process...sunkan

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Subbu,

Profound words. If only we let them, can others hurt us or influence us. We have to be above it, above emotions which really have no place in our lives, above ego !
    Your words seem good in a perfect world. But can we achieve that perfect world for ourselves ? Perhaps possible, but not at all easy. Sounds good though ! Lofty thoughts.:smile:

L, Kamla