1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The summer of 2011

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jennysrik, Sep 13, 2011.

1. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Dear Diary,

Its been a real long time since I wrote...to be precise, almost an year. Many things happened and the last was my 2nd wedding anniversary. Srik, my husband is not the guy who pays much attention to special days and surprises with gifts. But he knows I love that. On the eve of our wedding anniversary, he surprised me with roses, cakes and other stuffs.I was so touched. Later, it set me to think the years happenings so far.

Initially, when we got married, we both were still trying to know each other. I was trying to match him in a relationship as I was quite young. But around the start of the second year, I realised our intimacy have grown and know each other even better.

I learnt new hobbies and he was very supporting in every way. But there were different views and opinions that led to gloomy days. But we clinged onto each other..went to different places, met family friends, spent memorable times, celebrated functions and had loads of happiness. The life was a blessing and added to that was the motherly love from my mom-in-law and the rest of the family.Srik is still a research assistant at a famous university. The lifestyle is just normal. But it din't bother much as both of us know there are brighter chances at the completion of his study.

Around this time, we planned to take our marriage life to the next level, the sole purpose of marriage. We thought we will start planning for a family once the 2nd wedding anniversary gets over. But then unexpected things happened...lets call it a divine intervention. I am still clueless as to how it happened, but I got conceived. We had it confirmed. Though it was a surprise shock, we were only too happy for it. And from that, every day was filled with happiness. Srik never made me to even walk or do things unnecessarily.Both of us were very excited and infact, I named the baby as A.... and made scrapbook.

Soon travel plans of parents were discussed and everything went on smoothly until one day. I was admitted to the ER for a severe bleeding. I was told that the docs couldn't find a heart beat. I missed one. Though the docs made sure that it was not a mistake of me, I feel guilty till this day. After this, personal commitments, professional goals..all seemed to be trivial before this. I was admitted again within a few days owing to severe delivery pain. At that moment, I saw srik getting tensed for the first ever time. His eyes were blinded with tears. It struck me at that time, 'What have I done to this man for him to cry for me?'

I am not as academically qualified as he is..I am still studying. But he was particular in the qualification I had at the time of marriage.
    I am not blessed with a ravishing spotless beauty but yet he loves me even if I don't do threading. He asks me to sing when he sleeps thereby maing me practice. He patiently waits for me whenever I have a music performance or related activity. He points out the mistake when food doesn't come out good but never throws away.He wants me to learn everything I can and seek proudness in that.More than a husband, he is my best friend and the best critic.Though we are married, it seems like an extended courtship period. But till this day, I have the doubt whether I am the right person for him?

But I know one thing. I am madly in love with this guy. I am quite possesive. I can't take any thing light if it involves him. Even after 2 years, I still have the same excitement and madeness for him and even a single day is like a hell when he is not in town. I have stopped asking anything for myself when I pray and instead pray for his good health and prosperity. Because, If he is happy, I will be happy too.

I wish god gives him happiness to him through me and may all the years to come be only sunshine.
    [/JUSTIFY]

2. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Jenny,

Very glad to hear about your happy marriage life with your DH... Thank GOD you have got such a lovingly guy in your life....and have a blessed life...

Shanti

3. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai JS,

Good Morning. A nice touching post. When we get married i too think how we have fallen in deep love with our husband. A wellbalanced life will always bring prosperity and wealth to the family. May GOD bless you and your husband to
    achieve more in your life. From your writeup i understood that you have blessed with a very good husband who is much interested in all your aspects.

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Enjoy every moment with your loving Srik. May God Bless you both with all happiness in life !!!!!!!

5. mssunitha2001

6. mssunitha2001

7. mssunitha2001

8. mssunitha2001

9. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

Yes! Indeed its a blessing. I had just finished my bachelors while I got married. I still wonder whether life woud have been the same if I had refused citing my plans to study masters. But nevertheless, I am doing my masters now. So that's not to worry about. Thanks for your wish :)

10. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Dear sree,

Yup! I agree. Even if its just 2 years of marriage, I have well understood that, even if we dislike a thing what my partner say or do, its better to keep my mouth shut at that time. At many times, he has talked to me about how sorry he felt for me and several times he has listened to me when I spoke about it later. I wish everyone recognizes this 'where to put a stop' and lead a happy life. Indeed, I am grateful to him.:bowdown