The Special Charm of the Gita

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, May 31, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha,
    Thankyou for the F B.
    It is nice to know that you enjoy Gita.
    This is just the beginning - but your "awaiting" overawes me as well !
    Pray God & my Guru be with me in writing about Gita !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra

Your writing gives me the inspiration to know more about Gita. That Missed your posts for the last two thursdays.

When you say that we only need the knowledge to take the correct decisions I can understand it better now. It is true that we get affected by the unexpected situation of life. But later we find out that it stregthens us also. Yes it is all about facing the life with a smile and serene mind. Thank you chithra.

Love
    vidhi

3. Chitvish

Dear Vidhi,
    Thankyou for your F b .
    I did miss you for the last two weeks because you promptly post me the F B !
    You are right, only knowledge helps us tide over crises ! We emerge more strong and better equipped mentally to face the future !
    Love,
    Chithra.

quote=vidhi;69923]Dear Chithra

Your writing gives me the inspiration to know more about Gita. That Missed your posts for the last two thursdays.

When you say that we only need the knowledge to take the correct decisions I can understand it better now. It is true that we get affected by the unexpected situation of life. But later we find out that it stregthens us also. Yes it is all about facing the life with a smile and serene mind. Thank you chithra.

Love
    vidhi[/quote]

4. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    I wish you would publish a book with all your writings. This would be such an asset to have.
    Thanks for all the wonderful experiences you have given us.
    Love
    Mythili

1 person likes this.
  5. Chitvish

Dear Mythili,
    Thanks for joining us here.
    You are very kind to me !:)
    How will I have the besnefit of interaction, if I write a book ? kb has already made most into pdf files, which are as good as a book !
    I again thank youfor your nice words.
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

After reading your post on Gita, I am once again into reading of Gita, which I had stopped for a while. My parents read one chapter daily. My father advised me to read atleast 5 verses at a time. I followed his instructions. After sometime I couldn't find time to read it.
    I attended the lectures on Gita when i was in college through Chinmaya mission.As a result of that I attended Bal Vihar. There we memorised the 15th chapter, to which date i am reciting daily. Those are the days where we don't get to know the meaning of Gita in its full form. But attending those lectures made me think what a rich culture we have! So much to explore. As the time goes and when we are in the middle of our life, we think of the scriptures and lament why I didn't know anything of the rich scriptures long time ago so that i can learn atleast a little bit of it?
    I happened to see your post of 7 slokas which represent Gita. I am going to memorise those verses and keep in touch with Gita daily.
    Thank again for the post and expecting more.
    Sriniketan

7. Chitvish

Dear Sriniketan,
    Welcome to this forum.
    It is customary to chant 15 th chapter before food.
    It is for easy daily chanting that I gave Sapthashloki Gita.
    I am drafiting more posts on Gita. But I will have to intersperse them with general articles about certain vedanta topics. Only then, we can understand & appreciate Gita. Otherwise, one will tend to get more doubts.
    Please stay tuned.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for your quick response. take your time. Your work is being appreciated.
    Sriniketan

9. Chitvish

Dear Sriniketan,
    I have started drafting
    Some Shlokas from Gita to be remembered and followed daily:
    I shall post them with meanings in both english & tamil fonts for everybody's beneefit.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mami,

Thank you for guiding me and making me travel through a beautiful garden which teaches so much about life. It is through your teachings The Holy Gita has opened a new meaning in my life.

The more I learn about spiritual matters I realize that I am so so small in this world and feel ashamed of my wrong doings

I have some questions and will like to fill my empty mind with answers from you.

• I do Parayana and read shlokas on daily basis as and when time permits. But suddenly I feel I m doing it all for my selfish desires to be fulfilled.

I am not doing it as service to god but with thoughts about wishes to be fulfilled. Is it not a sin that I am committing ?

So I should leave my wishes to be fulfilled aside and say my prayers only with a pure mind. Rest the Almighty will take care of. Is this right or wrong.

2. A mistake may be it be big/small committed knowingly or unknowingly is a sin. These mistakes are done because of ego, anger, selfishness. There is no degree to measure if the sin is small or large. Having realized this how can we repent for our mistakes done.
    My mind says
    • Throw away your ego.
    • Chant the name of the Lord and
    • Be kind and unselfish..

What does the Holy Gita tell about lessening our sins.

Can you guide me to know how we can repent for our mistakes? I came running to you in the hope you will render advice which can be absorbed by my ignorant mind. Have you written any article on repenting in the forum? Then please do give me a link to it so that I can read it.

If I have caused any trouble to you by posting this then please do forgive me.