1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The " Someday" That Never Came .

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SCSusila, Aug 8, 2017.

1. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@PushpavalliSrinivasan
    It is true that my SIL is in no way unique , there are many like her from older generations . And if she is ok with her life , i should not be making a fuss about it .:)

But it is a fact that I have kept her in mind as my Ideal and learn the value of contentment from her . And i also try to overcome disappointments with cheerfulness, thinking of her .

2. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@kkrish
    That is the point ! Taking life as it turns out without complaining . Of ourse , we have to try our best to achieve what we very much want , but if things go the other way , its always good to make the best of what we get and maintain positive mind . It is best for the person and persons around them .
    Thank you for the wishes .

3. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

Nice write up. When I come across people like your sil I wonder what they are made off , to be so selfless and giving . i feel being a selfless and sacrificing person is a big mistake. It's seen as a virtue but what's the point of your life if you leave it with many unfulfilled dreams. So many things are not in our control but if a person has a really strong dream they want to fulfill they should not give up and keep trying . I have many dreams some of which might never be fulfilled but I hope I will always have faith and do what I can about it till the end of my life.

4. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@LakshmiKMBhat
    I agree all efforts should be made if we want something . But " Man proposes, God Disposes" is also true . In such circumstance , its better to have cheerful , accepting attitude . Simply regretting wasted time and crying about spilt milk is no help at all. That is what I wanted to say. :)

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.
  5. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@Shreema86
    I can understand your point .
    If people are going to regret giving up their wishes and think they are doing sacrifice for family , they should not be doing it at all . Better they choose their priorities instead of soending their oldage in selfpity . If on the other hand there is no such regret , and they gave up willingly , it is no problem at all. It depends on each person's outlook about life .

6. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@twity
    Thanks for the link . There s akso a 101 year old man who runs Marathon , a 92 year old grandma climbed some Mountains , 86 year old lady parachuting ....
    Where there is a will , there certainly is a way.
    My thought when posting this was only about her cheerfulness and having no self pity . That is a good quality in my view .

7. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@happydheivanai
    I am sure God has compensated by giving her a very loving family !

happydheivanai likes this.
  8. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@satchitananda
    After reading your comment , i could only remember the old tamil song " ninaippadellam nadanthuvittal deivan ethum illai " ( if all wishes are granted , there can be no God )

It is her cheerfulness that I take as education for myself .

satchitananda likes this.
  9. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

amunique likes this.
  10. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Very true, one of my cousins said there are so many women with so much talent, which never comes to light. It is so sad. Being cheerful or not depends on our nature. But I wish it was possible for women to keep aside some time for themselves. And I know it is not possible for everyone. The same is true for men also. I believe if something is to happen will happen. If it is written for us to make our dreams turn to reality it will happen. But we have to do our best :)

SCSusila likes this.