1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The " Someday" That Never Came .

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SCSusila, Aug 8, 2017.

1. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

Really sad....god has designed her life in this way..at least there Childers should. Understand give her some time...

SCSusila and shyamala1234 like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Really sad. But I really admire the lady who can still laugh and hope. You are right: God writes screenplays we can never understand. It is so strange to think that some women of the same generation had all the opportunities in the world to achieve all they wanted and could while others were destined to lead a run of the mill life despite all their skills and abilities.

SCSusila likes this.
  3. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

i wish, her "someday" arrives soon :)

SCSusila likes this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Very nice write up. Felt a tad bit sad for your sister, though I admire her positive outlook.
    Most folks never get to relish many things they want to in life because they have to shoulder many responsibilities.
    Congratulations on being nominated.

SCSusila likes this.
  5. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

She is a
    She is a very brave lady but I feel we should have time for ourselves, we should try to do what we want to do however busy we are. Otherwise we will never be able to. Regards, Lakshmi

SCSusila likes this.
  6. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@Naari
    Thank you . I think she doesnt complain because she does not see what she is doing as a sacrifice for others . She did all what she did because she felt thats what had to be done in her circumstances . She has enough philosophical bent ofmind to take what life gave her . She might have had some regrets sometime , because she is human too , but has never told anything . that is acceptance .

7. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@Rihana
    Yes it is true a lot of older generation ladies were like that . They always put their own self and life after the smooth running of family . And they always got a lot of love from the family which always understood the selfless giving .
    Even in a life like this , some ladies have achieved what they wished for sometimes . It all depends on each ones circumstance .
    They all deserve our respect .

8. twity

twity Bronze IL'ite

9. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@jayasala42
    What an absolutely amazing lady your Amma is ! My Namaskarams to her and such ladies.
    She must be the star of the family's legends .
    I agree that if these natural intelligent ladies had got formal higher education and training , they would have shone brightly in many fields . But many of them were confined to their houses . Like what they say " kudatthil itta vilakku " But i am sure they brought up children to be very good citizens.

I remembered some elder ladies in our familiy also who created songs for special occassions !

The episode of your sister's delivery , use of idli pot water etc is a awesome example of true courage , quick thinking and decision making . What a lady !

10. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@joylokhi
    I agree with you that finally what is important is to feel happy and contented with life , whatever kind it turns out . Like I said , only I feel sorry for her because of my view and opinion , but she herself is fine . So its ok ! :)