1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Siddhis

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Amulet, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

The majority of the Siddhis in Karnataka are descended from Bantu peoples from Southeast Africa that were brought to the Indian subcontinent as slaves by the Portuguese between the 16th and 19th centuries.[1] During the Goan Inquisition, some of these slaves were freed and some escaped into the forests of the neighbouring Karnataka state. As the bulk of the Inquisition's records are now destroyed, a thorough reconstruction of the Siddhis' history in India and in Karnataka is very difficult. However, the few records that exist present a picture of oppression and ill treatment that the slaves were subjected to. A few of them, however, are also said to have escaped slavery. While most of them were victims of slave trade, some of them also were imported by the Nawabs in the 15th-16th centuries as military mercenaries. Others were sailors on the trade routes to the east.[6] < source: Wikipedia >

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

hehehehheee...
    I guess I am totally naturalized as a citizen of the USA.
    My post on Siddhi's of India is to mark June-teenth.
    June 19th 1865 is when the slaves were (ostensibly) freed in America; but the reality of that freedom and equality is still to be gained.