The Schram Academy International CBSE school

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by manjumnair, Feb 13, 2008.

1. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

This year the donation was a bit higher than last yr... they will not ask for money for every function..field trips etc are included in the fee itself...

2. kart8157

kart8157 New IL'ite

Hello Manju,

I am planning to move around Porur / Valasaravakkam by next year and planning to put my daughter in The Schram Academy in 1st standard. Could you pls help me out regarding the school fees so that it will help me decide. Apart from that am looking for La Chatelaine. IF there are any other good schools nearby, pls let me know.

warm regards,
    Karthik

3. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

hello Karthik,

Schram Academy annual fees comes around 25-30K. There is also an admission fee.. that may change every year.. don't have any idea about La Chateline.

4. santhimohan

santhimohan New IL'ite

Hi manju,

Read all ur previous blogs ,and got enough information about schram academy.
    Am planning to put my son for LKG in this school for the year 2010 June.
    As I read there was no air conditioner in the class rooms before is
    That been sorted out now?
    How about the academic and the teaching, do they concentrate on the subject,
    Do they give home works to do at home for LKG kids for practice at home?
    Or they only concentrate on extra curricular activities?
    When do they start giving application forms for LKG admission?

5. visat

visat New IL'ite

Hi Manju,

I read all the questions and your patient answers about Schram Academy. I'm in Seattle and will be moving to Chennai next year. I need to enroll my daughter in 1st std in Jun 2010. Had a few ques for you..

1.When do they give out the application forms?
    2.Is there an interview process to select the child? Do we need to be there in person?
    3. Is second language also in the written/admission test. My daughter doesnt know any second language.

Also you mentioned that you live close to the school. where do you live.

Regards
    Vidhya

6. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Santhi,

There are no air conditioners in class rooms in the Park Road campus, where my kid goes. but the other two campuses has AC..

Till now, my kid's progress is good... don't know how it will be in the higher classes.. as there are mixed opinion about the Maduravoyal campus.... So i will only say, for small classes Schram Academy is a good option.

They give home works... but not too much for a kid, i feel.

They start giving applications from Dec-Jan every year..

7. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidhya,

As i mentioned in the prev. post, they start giving application by Dec - Jan every year..

Regarding the second and third part of ur question, i am not sure about the procedure they follow for 1st std admission. I think we need to be there in person. Not sure about the second language part too.. To my knowledge it should not be a problem in Schram, as one can change the second language in 2nd std also.. Hope this helps...

I live near the Park Road Campus of the school in Anna Nagar...

8. visat

visat New IL'ite

Thank you Manju.. Appreciate your reply

9. DivineVictory

DivineVictory New IL'ite

Hello Vidhya,

I will be moving to Chennai also beginning of next year. My in-laws have been enquiring about this school as it is close to where we live and also because of the whole transition from US to India where kids are used to schools kind of similar to Schram. Heard student-teacher ratio is less than 30 in a class and teachers are nice. Close to 10 buses for transportation and extra curricular activities like swimming and others. I am guessing like any other school, there will be an entrance exam and I have been preparing my children (5 and 6 years old) with cursive writing and hindi apart from all the other stuff.

Where are you in US currently, it will be nice to have some friends who are going back around the same time and having children going to same school. I live in Dallas, TX.

Take Care
    Divya

10. visat

visat New IL'ite

Hi Divya,

I'm in Seattle, WA and my daughter is 4.5 yrs old. I have taken admission at A School and did'nt try Schram Acadamy. Since she was born in Feb 2005, she is not eligible for 1st standard. We got admission for UKG. Since I'm here in US, it is very difficult to look at schools in person. So I decided to put her in UKG and then when I move back, decide if she'll continue in the same school or a different one.

Personally, I do not know too much about any school.

Regards
    Vidhya