The Schram Academy International CBSE school

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by manjumnair, Feb 13, 2008.

1. sandhyapalli

sandhyapalli New IL'ite

Hi Friends
    First I apologise because I missed this topic which has been there for the past four months.
    My older son studied for an year in La Chatelaine (2001-2002) and my younger son in Schram for three years(2002-2005)
    La Chatelaine hostel experience was very bad. I had to put him in hostel for personal reasons. The authorities dont show the hostel in which the children will be staying, and at the end it ended up so bad that now my son who has finished his 12th refuses to go to hostel for his engineering. The teaching is very good, but compared to other CBSE schools standard was a bit low. He joined Chinmaya Vidyalaya in Kilpauk and he found it to be a VERY GOOD school. Teaching is not great shakes, I suppose every school has teaching faculty problems. Dont expect excellent marks if kids are just average or above average or who need good teaching and cannot study by themselves. Freedom is given to students. Teachers are very friendly and not strait jacket types, personal one to one relation is great in this school

Now, Schram Academy, they gave my son admission when we shifted to Chennai in November. Thanks to them my son did not lose a year of his education. He studied there from his 3rd std to 5th. They have a small number of children in each class which is a blessing. Back at that time it had just started so they had lot of starting hiccups. Their studies were not organised or planned. Lots of politics amongst the faculty at that time. But now I hear its turned out to be good in many ways. Now my son is in SBOA (CBSE). Except for the larger numbers in the school, I find it to be a excellent school around Annanagar. Even though they have such large numbers they are a CLOCK WORK school, well organised in every way which is highly appreciable. The lessons, tests, exams...everything is organised at the start of the academic year which allows the student to organise their study time. Of course like in every school teaching faculty is a problem, Like I say....at least one teacher out of 5 is not as efficient.

2. vaishu

vaishu New IL'ite

Hi there,

Yes, talking of schram academy, can any of you suggest is Schram or PSBB Millenium is better, to each other. I'm right now in the US, but planning to move to chennai in August. I have ro seek admission to both of my kids. Having both the schools in mind, i thought i'll look for a house in and around porur or mt.poonamalle road. How far is schram academy from porur junction or SRM college.

Are the classrooms A/Ctioned, in both the schools and the student teacher ratio in both the schools
    Can any of you give a 1-10 rating about both the schools, having 1as the worst and 10 as the best.

Also as a back up any good international schools, good in quality facilities in and around Tambaram and beyond like Mahindra city and its vicinity.

Thankx in advance, hope you help me out cause I'm totally confused and waiting to choose my moving back date because of this.
    Appreciate your views and responses,

Let us strive for a better world of harmony for our children.
    Lots of love,
    VAISHU.

3. athmaindu

athmaindu New IL'ite

Hi Sandhya,

Can you pl let me know how was the education in La Chatelaine School. I heard they use more computer aided teaching. Not sure how it is compared to the conventional method. Did your kid do well in the entrance test for Chinmaya. My kid is an above average kid, but requires a lot of attention and real friendly teachers. She has been enrolled in Devi Academy, but she studied in a real good school when we were in Hyderabad. Devi is good in Academics, but when it comes to friendliness of teachers etc, I think it is not great. Atleast my daughter does seem to be v happy with it. So I am tying to see if i can enroll her in la chatelaine in the oct batch as i heard they take in fresh batch in october. Your feedback will be of real help,

thanks

4. sandhyapalli

sandhyapalli New IL'ite

Hi Indu
    I spoke to my son and well he is surprised to hear about this computer aided teaching!!! He says Chinmaya is much better. He did not give any entrance exam for Chinmaya, He got his admission by his marks scored in the previous year.
    The only thing I can say is that teaching in Andhra and Chennai is very diffferent. My nephews study in Hyd. and friends kids in concept schools where they are TRAINED to take up competetive exams ( AIEE, IIT, EAMCET, etc). Here in Chennai its a normal school so Andhra students score better than Chennai students. U must have read that 30% of IIT seats were secured by Andhra students. Of what I have noticed is that IQ and overall growth of a Chennai student is much higher than Andhra students. But Andhra students score better in competitive exams than Chennai students.
    So we have to decide what we want for our kids..OOPs sorry, I think I have gone off track....Hope it helps..
    Cheers
    Sandhya

5. deemal2002

deemal2002 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am Jayanthi, and i am new to Indusladies. I am basically from Chennai but right now i am in California, US. We are planning to return back to India around May 2009. I have a daughter who will be 5 years in 2005. When i was looking for some good schools in and around valasaravakkam, i came across Pon vidyashram, La chatalaine and Schram's international school. Can anyone suggest me which is the best among these and also the pros and cons. Please suggest me the fee structure also for these schools.

I also have another doubt. right now my daughter is going to a preschool here in US. So at the age of 5 which class she will b eligible to get into.

Thank you all in advance

6. athmaindu

athmaindu New IL'ite

Hi Sandhya,

Thanks for your response. Yes, concept schools in Andhra are real famous, but only beyond a particular age we can enroll our kids there as they will focus only on academics and you will usually find these schools on the 4th floor of a building or something. So absolutely no play ground etc. My daughter is 6 years old and I am trying to fnd a school that will really be good for her. She seems to be hating the school so much so that she is losing interest in studies. La Chatelaine uses computer a lot which is why writing is very less and many parents do not prefer the same. As long as they use project based teaching, and dont put too much pressure on kids, i will be fine with it. I know you mentioned abt La chatelaine hostel, but how are the teachers? Were they friendly.

thanks

7. Vijaylakshmi

Vijaylakshmi New IL'ite

Hi Manju,

I am Vijaylakshmi, new to IL.I came to know thru Shanvy that u have known some details abt SPARTAN Schools.
    Could you share those details with me?
    I am planning to put my kid in Spartan CBSE for LKG in next year.so i would like to know some details about the school like 1.Spartan is CBSE affiliated 2.How about the teaching & Infrastructure 3.they give importance to extra curricular activities

Atlast to know whether SPARTAN CBSE is a good school to put my kid.

8. dbirlase

dbirlase New IL'ite

Hello Jayanthi,

Welcome to indusladies. Schools start in chennai in June 2009. So you will be in the right time for your daughter. My son till be 5 going on 6 so he will be admitted to 1st grade. Just try to learn basic tamil as tamil is easier for you than hindi.

Most schools do have 1st lang as hindi or tamil. Fees structure depends on the school you want to admit her.

Dinesh.

9. athmaindu

athmaindu New IL'ite

Hi,

Can anybody pl let me know if there are vans/buses from Valasaravakkam to PSBB, KK Nagar.

Thanks
    <!-- / message -->

10. deemal2002

deemal2002 New IL'ite

Hi dinesh,

Thank you very much for ur kind reply. I need one more favor. Can you please suggest what and all my daughter should have known to enter into first grade. Bcoz, here in US, the academics is really slow. They are teaching only phonics right now, some 3 letter words and then numbers 1 to 100. So can you suggest me the UKG portions that i have to cover generally, so that i will prepare her for 1st grade.

Thank you in advance

Jayanthi