1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Role Play - A Short Story

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Lakshmivinoth

Lakshmivinoth Senior IL'ite

Value of Relationships!

Good Story indeed!

It takes ages to build a good relationship and it just takes a minute for it to break! I really appreciate Priya to understand the sensitivity of relationships at such a young age. Imagine if she would have reacted negetively towards Rekha's behaviour without knowing the root cause of the problem? Most of us do this mistake and hence loose out good friends and close relatives. We must know and respect their values. All it takes is a little patience and ability to understand.

Regards

Lakshmi Vinoth

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A New Angle,Lakshmi!

You have approached the story in a refreshingly new angle. I do agree, that we take most of the relationships for granted and on the first appearance of the fault-lines tend to break the relationship once for all. Only if we all had the patience of Priya then the world would be a wonderful place to live in. But the underlying factor is nothing but love. If Priya's love of Rekha had not been so strong, she would not have succeeded in resolving the apparent crisis. And to me the only sensible prayer to God would be 'God, make my love very strong, especially to those who are near and dear to me.'
    sridhar

3. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

loved the story.....

Dear Sridhar

A fabulous story, with the width and vision of a great story-teller. The characters are portrayed so life-like, one can actually relate to them and go along with them in the story- its called reader participation. The tender and loving relationship between father and daughter is beautifully brought out, and the story build up is so smooth, Sridhar, this story is a testimony to your prowess as a writer who can explore new themes in a new way..

Loved the story.....:clap

Ambika

4. varalotti

Thanks Ambika

I am very happy to note that you loved the story. While every story-teller would love to write all good stories, it doesn't happen every time. Suddenly there is an inspiration, no that's not the word, there's a provocation and you become restless unless the story pours out of your system into some medium. It is egotistic to think that such good stories are written by the writer himself/herself; stories like these wrote themselves up. Unless that happens the smoothness of style would not be there.
    Your words of praise were a cool sea breeze wafting to the shore on a summer afternoon. Thanks once again,
    sridhar

5. jyoti

jyoti New IL'ite

Priya seems to be loving and understanding!

Varalotti,

This story was simply superb! I enjoyed reading it.

The daughter in that family, Priya, seems to loving and understanding everyone in her family. She may be a daughter to them by age, but by her maturity she really proves to be their mother.

How many teenage daughters these days care so much for their parents? Especially understanding a step-mother and respecting her feelings is not so easy. That too when Rekha was a bit harsh not knowing how to express, Priya had really found a solution to the problem and brough peace and love into that family.

You have created a very good character - Priya. I loved this Priya a lot.

Thank you for such a superb story :clap

6. varalotti

There are Priyas too in the world!

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed this story, Role Play. And thank you for your nice comments.
    I had the opportunity/blessing of moving with may youngsters as their trainer, counsellor et al. I found them to basically good. But bad parents, harmful circumstances turn them like Rekhas. Inherently every one is like a Priya until circumstances disturb them.
    Would you brand Rekha in this story as bad? You won't, right. Because Rekha is also a good person. But when she is frustrated she acts strangely. If Priya had complained to her father about her and her father divorced her then the story would have ended in a disaster.
    We have a faulty practice of giving love only after we get love. We treat love as a greetings card and want to respond only when we have one. But love is to be given first. And we need to give more love to people who do not have love in them. Then only the love-balance in the Universe will be all right. Simple logic, but we neglect this to our peril.
    Thanks for the nice words, Jyothi.
    sridhar

7. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

:claploved the story sir,beautifully narrated.the ROLE PLAY game helped priya get the message across to her father easliy.and at the right time even before the situation were to get worse she could find the root cause with the counsellors help.

neethu.

8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Re: The Role Play

wonderful one......glad to see that women understood each others problems and finally the story ends peacefully.....very nice one Sridhar Sir...all emotions are expressed very nicely....

9. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

WOW a nice story sir!!! It is much easier sometimes to communicate things when we do role play like this.
    Also the wonderful message.... a new pair of eyes looking at a situation gives new angles and helps in a solution. The college girl with so much maturity....a wonderful character.

regards,
    Viji

10. varalotti

Thanks, Neethu. This is one story I loved to write. Role play is a powerful medium of expression and I have been using it in many of the training sessions I handled. Then I thought of telling a story through the medium. Hence the story.
    thank you once again.
    love,
    sridhar