The problem of Milk

Discussion in 'Indians in Malaysia' started by mansi123, Mar 26, 2014.

1. mansi123

mansi123 New IL'ite

Hi,

I have been in Malaysia like for 6 months now and milk has been the greatest challenge here....... A) Milk Man is erratic, he either does not turn up and even if he does its like 10- 11 AM. B) Brands such as Dutch Lady dnt allow me to make curd out of it.

Recently saw Amul Milk in Modern Stores, but turns out he too orders it only erratically, so my husband ended up buying 3 cartons two months back. Again I am back to the same stage, running out of milk and no sight when will I get the next lot of milk.

Could someone guide me here as in which milk brands you use to make curd out of milk B) Anyone here knows how Modern Stores does his orders I man how frequent?

Regards

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear mansi,

Welcome to Malaysia and IndusLadies..

The answer to your question is very simple.. We use Fonterra Milk powder to make curd, this is another brand that you can buy in Modern store, many Indian cash & carry shops in Brickfields, Klang, Puchong, Sri Muda has this. Where are you staying?

They will hold this milk powder in big sacks, and pack how many kgs you need.. This is by far the best here. Some shops also have pre-packed 1 kg packets.

Normally I use about 8 tablespoons of milk powder for a big bowl of curd. Mix milk powder with hot water and let it cool down completely. Adjust the powder based on how thick you want the curd to be..Then add 1-2 spoons of curd and just leave overnight. I have always got thick fresh curd everyday.

The curd(milk) powder is usually kept in a airtight container outside by many. But I always prefer to leave the milk powder in the fridge. Leaving out for long time spoils it for me.

Dutchlady/annlene or any other brand does not give good curd

3. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

my mother use everyday milk powder. she will boil the milk for bit longer in low fire until there is 'adai' at the top. let it cool and mix with 2 teaspoon of curd. let it overnight.

at my place we can get fresh cow milk every day, he will deliver at around 10am. so we keep in fridge and use it for next day.

4. mala76

mala76 Senior IL'ite

Hi There,

Try farm fresh milk. You can get them in all hypermarkets....They do have freshmilk/yogurt & yogurt drink.

These made from pure milk and not powder and not added with preservatives...
    I have tried & using it since than...You wont regret...