1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The positive side of brain drain

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jul 21, 2014.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Brain drain depends on a variety of factors, but broadly speaking, better opportunities abroad, better living condition and better prospects lure people. Every year thousands of highly qualified doctors, engineers, scientists and other intellectuals leave India and migrate to foreign countries. They generally go to USA, UK, Canada, West Germany, Singapore etc for monetary gains and facilities for higher research.

Most of the IIT-ians who went to US for higher studies did not return to India. After seeing and experiencing the affluent life they do not want to return. A statistics shows that Indian Americans are the fastest growing ethnic group (up 106% in the 1990s), now estimated at almost 3 million. They constitute the richest and best-educated ethnic group, wielding clout disproportionate to their numbers. More than 100,000 Indians study in the US, many of whom will stay and swell the Diaspora’s size and influence.

The students who are passing out from AIIMS also prefer greener pastures. Some become very famous in countries where they settle if they are really dedicated and excellent in their profession. This is good for our country as people get to know that our doctors are as good as their peers in other countries. Thus people flock to our country to get treatment as it is cheaper also.

The same way our talented engineers also do not lag behind. Because of them we earn foreign exchange moneysmileyas many countries prefer outsourcing their job to our country.

1 person likes this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

A thought provoking post Pushpa Mami

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Thank you Viji for your first fb so fast!
    PS

4. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

Every good is associated with bad and vice versa
    Brain Drain has two sides just like a coin,

Nice analysis

5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

There is no use of lamenting over brain-drain.
    In the advanced scientific yuga, there is globalisation, and intermingling of culture, California looks more like Thanjavur.Under the circumstances the line of demarcation between countries is becoming narrower and narrower between nations, and as such
    the word 'brain-drain' becomes a misnomer and all nations are becoming inter dependent.
    Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Kishore,
    Thanks for visiting my write up for the first time and posting your fb. As you have said brain drain has two sides like coin.
    PS

2 people like this.
  7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Jaya,
    Thanks for dropping in and posting your comments. Globalization also has its merits and demerits. But we have to take everything in our stride and should move on. There is no use of lamenting on anything as we have to flow with the tide.
    PS

8. kalpavriksham

kalpavriksham Gold IL'ite

Respected Pushpa Mami,
    I was introduced to IL very,very recently.
    I did not know it had such interesting and informative content shared by great personalities like you who have weathered the storm in life.
    While i have become addicted to it,i keep looking forward to your write-ups eagerly.
    Continue to guide the young souls.
    With profound Namaskarams.
    kalpavriksham

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

My dear kalpana,
    Hope that you don't mind addressing you in this short form.Welcome to IL and I do believe that you will enjoy our forum. There are many great personalities who possess vast knowledge, but don't count me as one.

There are many who are addicted to IL and so be careful.

We do expect write ups from your life experience and wish you all the best.
    with love,

PS