1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The poetry bug has bitten me too!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sundari
    A wow to you! Your FB itself sounds like poetry. Everyone in IL knows how creative you are and no wonder you write poems with such ease. I am happy that ILites are able to make something out of my lines and appreciate it too! Dont be surprised if all this appreciation goes to my head and I load you more with such stuff!
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Dear SS
    Thank you for your encouraging words. I feel almost like a KG student returning home proudly with a star marking from his teacher for his efforts!
    I have realised one thing. If writing prose like what I have been doing all these days does not require much of an effort, to write poetry one has to think poetically first. The way we look at the sea for writing a poem is entirely different from how we look at it when we want to write an essay.
    The bug has bitten me no doubt but it remains to be seen whether it is going to make me a victim of poetry writing or I'll simply scratch the bitten area and forget about it!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Sudha
    You bet I could not reach my back with my inflexible hands and so, I sought the help of my adorable grand daughter who was only too ready and willing to lend a hand!
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    If you intend growing old to reach maturity, I suggest you take your own suggestion seriously. If you take a U turn now, you may may start from senility and reach 'poetic' maturity!.
    Sri

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri and Chithra,
    Lovely poems! Its another colourful feather on both of your already adorned caps!
    I am just missing the FB from the chindu mudichufying person so that it would be more colourful. Just waiting for that............ and do not know how long to wait!
    PS

6. Cheeniya

Dear PS
    You are not the only one who is missing the FB of the chindumudinjifier. Add me too.!
    Thanks a lot for your words of appreciation. The way I am balding fast, wearing a cap may become imperative soon. A few feathers at that time would be really handy!
    Sri

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You are all wanting to see me, rather, waiting to see me like a Red Indian Chief, of late?
    No problem, anything, for the pleasure of ILites. Don't think I am on par with great poets like Cheeniya. No way, PS !
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir ,
    Every line of your very first poem is adorable ! I liked the second para ( or stanza? ) very much ! Beautiful expression ! The quality of your poem is like Bharathidhaasan’s poem : “ Kaalaiyilam paridhiyile avalaikkanden “ - please don’t say I ‘m exaggerating – you have really won as a poet too ! Hoping to see your contributions in ‘ Dhinam oru kavidhai ‘ too . Thangal kavithaippayanam sirakka en kanivaana vaazhthukkal !
    Regards ,
    Indhu .

9. Cheeniya

Dear Indhu
    I am overwhelmed by your appreciation. When I titled this blog, 'The poetry bug has bitten me too', I really meant it. Seeing more and more ILites becoming poetic, I could not resist my temptation to try one myself. I am aware that it can not be classified as poetry in terms of the rules but as an expression of my innermost feelings, I guess I have succeeded a bit.
    Such appreciation may induce me to write more!
    Sri

10. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear chith ,
    I could see the depth of your fantasy ( love ) through the second line of your nice poem :
    " See you in the scorching heat of the summer sun " ! Amazing ! ! ! I really cherished the rhyme & selection of words ! Nice one ! Expecting more contributions from you , my friend !
    Love ,
    Indhu .