1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Pinnacle Of Intoxication – Part Ii

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by parineetha, Jul 15, 2016.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

As i opened the monitor, I could feel the nice aroma. I wondered from where it was coming,not definitely from our Pooja, because pooja has not yet started.Definitely it was emanating from parineeta's wonderful snippet radiating beautyand fragrance all through creating a pleasant vibration in us all.What a lovely snippet!
    Jayasala 42

parineetha, iyerviji and padma0604 like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Neethu,

Welcome back to the snippet section and your entry is like the roaring thunder and blinding lightening we see in Florida during the rainy season before a rain storm begins on an otherwise shiny day. Many times we wonder whether to enjoy the beautiful Sunset in the Gulf of Mexico or watch a patch of rain pour down in a specific area with a force of a shiny river that comes down from the mountain while the rest of the country is soaked with the rays of the Sun. Your narration is so captivating and almost tempted me to jump out of commercial plane with parachute to enjoy the nature from 30,000 feet above the sea level.

Indeed the life is gift wrapped for each one of us in a unique way and many of us open it and enjoy the beautiful gift like watching the light with added luster while others don't even bother to open.

Serenity is everywhere be it our mind or in the nature and we recognize the nature depending on how deep we have explored ourselves.

I got the same sensational feeling of reading the poem titled "God The Artist" written by Angela Morgan when I read your snippet and the poem is given below:

God, when you thought of a pine tree,
    How did you think of a star?
    How did you dream of the Milky Way
    To guide us from afar.
    How did you think of a clean brown pool
    Where flecks of shadows are?

God, when you thought of a cobweb,
    How did you think of dew?
    How did you know a spider's house
    Had shingles bright and new?
    How did you know the human folk
    Would love them like they do?

God, when you patterned a bird song,
    Flung on a silver string,
    How did you know the ecstasy
    That crystal call would bring?
    How did you think of a bubbling throat
    And a darling speckled wing?

God, when you chiseled a raindrop,
    How did you think of a stem,
    Bearing a lovely satin leaf
    To hold the tiny gem?

How did you know a million drops
    Would deck the morning's hem?

Why did you mate the moonlit night
    With the honeysuckle vines?
    How did you know Madeira bloom
    Distilled ecstatic wines?
    How did you weave the velvet disk
    Where tangled perfumes are?
    God, when you thought of a pine tree,
    How did you think of a star?

Viswa

parineetha and padma0604 like this.
  3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

wasn't intoxicating stuff banned :) it has taken you to FP - all the best :) that too by the elderly, well learned, don't spoil them neetu :)

parineetha likes this.
  4. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Shyamala for your lovely response…
    Almost sounded like a synopsis of what I blabbered in so many paras, you said it all in one word ‘Perception’
    How you perceive the beautiful things around us. I’m reminded of this song ‘Life is all around us, just open up your eyes’
    It goes like this

"Life is all around you just open up your eyes
    Yeah life is all around you
    You can live in paradise
    You just gotta life your head and make a step
    Cause life is all around"….

shyamala1234 likes this.
  5. parineetha

Oh dear Satchi, our snippets were sheer coincidence. And there is reason for it being on Fridays…
    I get into weekend mood on Friday mornings itself. Everything I look and see just reflects my mood…just like your TGIF’s
    You know my Fridays are the least productive days, half of the time goes in planning & dreaming the ‘to do stuffs’ for weekend. :tonguewink:
    For all the exhaustive weekdays, I totally compensate during the weekend...pukka.:cheer:
    All of us here wind up our work by fri afternoon itself. Wonder why business area can’t declare an official 3 day holiday.:D Hehehe

Thanks satchi for those beautiful words.

6. parineetha

Vijima, first of all, why sorry??? I loved your response so much…You took so much pains in uploading a pic as well..you do such a sweet thing, and still apologise???
    I love writing and I do it with all my heart & soul, when time permits. If am not here its only coz of time factor.
    Seriously I never anticipated such touching responses from everyone and that too when you say you missed me, I was on top of my world. I was actually blushing and grinning reading from handphone. Thanks a lot vijima, you made me feel so special.

I too have lots of pigeons sitting on my sun shade area and sitout…my kitchen exhaust fan stopped working coz of all the twigs these birdies bring to build nest. I’ve left it like that, with other ventilation options. And the tulsi plant was my recent addition to the balcony garden. DH gifted it just 2 weeks ago.
    Ur welcome home anytime vijima…in fact many wanted to come over especially to have adhrak chai in my balcony after that chai thread of mine. Hehehe.

Yes vijima, life is so simple with all the good music and beautiful things around. Your again one of the lucky souls to enjoy the simpler little things that we gifted with. On wonder you get so much of energy.

iyerviji likes this.
  7. parineetha

Many thanks Oj sir.

Absolutely! I for one who believes life is not all that difficult at all. For sure it has ups and downs, hardships and losses but there is always a fallback plan..always..always, sometimes we are too bogged down to see the options galore.

8. parineetha

That was really sweet you Padma.
    I have no words to explain how you made me feel so special and blessed, thanks a ton.
    Totally gifted I'm to be among such generous friends who shower so much of encouragement and love, its me who's choking really.

again thanks for Viswavinayaka, haven't heard it before, loved it so much..Gana nayakaya is one my favs. what a rendition it is. just takes you to another world.
    btw I love 'Mahaganapathim' from sindhu Bhairavi so much..masterpiece from Yesudas.

9. parineetha

hey Akanks..thank you so much dear.
    Trust me, swear I was thinking of you..adrak ki chai and my balcony while penning this and I knew 200% you're gona talk about here. Asli chai walis we are! (hugs :innocent:)
    You never disappoint me girl be it with Arnab Goswami or Chai..

Akanksha1982 likes this.
  10. parineetha

Dear Jaya Mam,

I am so happy to see your lovely feedback here, it’s indeed a great feeling to hear it from you.
    Thank you so much.