1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The perils of morning walks!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniyaji,

HAHAHAHA.You are too good.The birds the bees and the babes,and the dogs.You are a super writer.

I go for morning walks.It is a circular path,i go the anticlock wise direction,while most walk the clockwise.So i get to see the pretty ladies twice every round face to face,and they say looking at pretty women for 10 mins is as good for the body as exercising for 30 mins in the Gym.

But hats off to u sir, great write.Regards.kamal

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    Welcome to my forum! Your words can indeed motivate and how!
    I entirely agree with you on what looking at a pretty woman for 10 minutes can do for us both physically and spiritually but at 64, I have found a new equation! If you look at a pretty woman for 10 minutes and she is not even aware of your presence, the bitter disapointment can take away all the good effect of a 30-minute exercise! *sigh*
    Sri

3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

I don't know how I missed this topic. The greatest peril of going for morning walk came on Dec.26, 2004 when people walking on the beaches were swept away by tsunami. It was terrible. I wrote in my poem on tsunami, 'Oh, Indian Ocean!'

we went to your beaches to get some air
    but you have taken the wind out of us

On the lighter side, I remember this joke. It was at that time when Kamala Haasan was doing all sort of make-up like a dwarf in Apporva Sakotharkal, like a lady in Avvai Shanmugi etc. Two people are going for morning walk on the marina beach. One person remarks 'have you seen Chandra haasan is just going ahead'. The other person remarked, 'it may be kamala haasan in the make-up of Chandra haasan'. :-D

Regards,

TDU

4. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    Those lines are indeed very profound. On that fateful day, I too had gone for a walk at Marina just 30 minutes before Tsunami struck. At the time I was walking, it was all so serene and just an hour later it was pure mayhem.

Kamal Hasan is the greatest actor in the country who spares no efforts in giving authenticity to whatever role he dons and MN Nambiar thinks that there can be no one like him. And yet it is Rajni, who can come nowhere near Kamal in acting but is the Monarch of all he surveys! Isn't it quite strange? Charisma, I guess, has nothing to do with talents. It was the same between MGR and Sivaji. History repeats itself!
    Sri

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr.Sri,

HAHAHA.You are one of the wittiest persons that i have come across.Regards.kamal

6. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Absolutely a hilarious write up about the perils (or should I say comics/humour) of morning walks ! Thoroughly enjoyed reading it and thanks to Chithra aunty (Chitvish) for giving me the link, or else I would missed it.

As for the birds here, they consider the mail boxes and the cars as "the" place to relieve themselves, much to my annoyance !

Dogs, of all different breeds and varieties, give me a scare even when they are on leash. Since, they are accompanied by their masters on the walking path, I generously give them way and continue my awkward gait on the grass. :)

Needless to say, that will also pose a problem when the dogs are doing their "job" on the grass too !! I will be pushed to the edge of the trail/road and manage to keep a straight face with a plastic smile.

Here, there are trash bins, exclusively for these with box filled with doggie bags (for....yes to dispose it) . Attached picture of the same...:)

Fortunately, there is no traffic here, since it is inside the residential area of our community and helps me maintain a calm and composed frame of mind.

On the whole, walking in this serene area acts a catalyst that enables me to be energetic throughout the day. (attached picture)

Glad I could share my walking routine with you here.

Regards
    Krithika

Attached Files:

7. Cheeniya

Dear Krithika
    Thanks for visiting an old thread of mine and giving life to it with your own brand of humour! From what you say, I get a feeling that the dogs get better treatment there than the urchins here. Looking at the Joggers' path in your neighbourhood, I just envy you. I'll remember it particularly when I clean all the cowdung from my shoes!
    But honestly, with all the Marina beautification scheme, I think that we are a lot better now. Even the street dogs look cleaner. Maybe, they too come under the purview of the Chennai beautification scheme!
    Sri

8. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

I thoroughly enjoyed your post about the perils of morning walks.
    Glad to know that things are better now with the Marina beautification scheme.

I love to go on morning walks , usually before 6.30 AM.
    Ours is a residential neighborhood. Regarding the birds, lately we have been seeing a lot of pigeons. Since most of us have pigeon-proofed our roofs with long wires so that they may not be able to perch on them, their favorite spot seems to be on the lamp posts. Needless to say their mess is under the posts. So when I am walking on the sidewalk, every now and then when I reach a lamp post, I have to detour to the street and continue on till the next post.
    I am glad that there are no street dogs to deal with!

9. Cheeniya

Dear Usha
    I should say you are extremely lucky. You have only a specific problem to deal with and that too from a specific location. The worst thing that a person can face is the uncertainty of his fate. The birds of the sky, the flesh eating dogs of the streets and the speeding automobiles can all attack you any minute from any location. How can one walk peacefully in such a situation?
    Sri

10. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Please get yourself a treadmill. I like you to get your exercise in a peaceful manner!