1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Perfect Match

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

This a very interesting thread - I am surprised that such dowry issues still exist. I have been married for many years now and there was no dowry involved for myself, my sis or brother. In my immediate family, there was no such thing. I have heard about these lavish weddings in India - but truly am surprised at the scale at which it is happening nowadays! Women are educated today and can stand on their own feet - but for whatever reason, the parents still feel that they need to be married around 21? Why? It made me sad to read some of the posts where these young girls were married and then their lives were pretty much ruined. It is indeed a sad state that we find ourselves in today!

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Shobanaji,

True.Girls are educated today, and on their feet, then why the hurry.They are not a burden,and should be treated om par with the sons.Why the hurry.Regards.kamal

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal
    Some fifty years back, we used to have a writer by name Tamilvanan. Besides writing gripping detective stories, he wrote several books on self-help, health etc. The last book he wrote was 'How to live for a hundred years' and he died shortly thereafter at the age of 50!
    I used to love his detective stories which were serialised in a weekly called 'Kalkandu' which was a kind of one man show. Every week, he would end that week's episode at a gripping scene thus making us spend sleepless nights in the following week!

You have ended The Perfect Match like Tamilvanan. I am dying to hear your wife's reaction for your question!
    Sri