1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Outcome!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jan 20, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Mukund entered that big room with a bit of an anxiety. It was the only hurdle to cross, to get a dream job in that IT company. There were various levels of filtering, right from a complex technical test and a group discussion. He was one of the very few who cleared all. To get into a comfortable working place you need to toil hard. Isn't it?

He saw an elderly gentleman, who introduced himself as Joseph. Mukund felt a bit cold inside. He heard stories about this man, all saying that he is ruthless and one of the difficult interviewers. Joseph started. "Congrats Mukund, for making it till here. Let me not ask you technical questions, but questions of a different kind instead!". Mukund nodded.

Joseph: Can you complete this sentence - "I is __"
    Mukund: The ninth alpabet / a pronoun.

Joseph: Good. What comes twice a week, not even once a month and only once in a year?
    Mukund: The letter "e".

Joseph: What is this? A 7 letter word, but whether you add any letters or remove from it, it remains the same and the meaning is not altered. A clue for you - its a common noun.
    Mukund: Postbox.

Well. The interview went in this fashion, where Mukund answered almost all questions. Joseph showed no emotion when asking the last question. "Suppose I tell you that this is only an eyewash and we have already decided, what would be your reaction?". Mukund smiled, thanked Joseph and left.

He was the only one who received the appointment order later.

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mukund was smart and Joseph was just!! lovely!!

Akila

3. rgsrinivasan

Adding to it, you are so kind. Thanks Akila, for being the first to provide the feedback. -rgs

4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Oh.... I got it.. understood the post RGS...

Nice one...

For my clarification.. Is it like "Mukund understood that he is the one that they have decided" so thats why he smiled ,thanked and left

Or the reaction of the candidate is also a factor considered in finalising the person..

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Nice one RGS....

Keep Going.... One of these days, I will swipe all your short stories... make a book and make money for myself.... hahahahaha....

Love
    Veda

6. rgsrinivasan

Actually it is the second reason Pallavi4Me. Whats the point in arguing / pleading when you are told that you are not in? It will only lower your standard and irritate the sayer. Mukund was not only smart, he had a good attitude as well, to take it sportive. Thats why he was picked. Hope it helps. Thanks for your feedback. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

:) Thanks for dropping in and providing that nice feedback Veda. But I laugh harder when you say that you are going to make money for yourself........... Well. As always, you are so optimistic. Congrats. -rgs