1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Other Women In My Life - A Special Tribute On The Eve Of International Womens Day

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 6, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Actually I am Selfish, Jothi!

Dear Jothi,

Only this week I read Prakash Raj's article in Vikatan. He says that every man should have something of a woman and every woman, something of a man. Prakash Raj advises all men to learn cooking. Well, I cant do that, because I dont want to harm the health of my family members.

But having women friends (I mentioned only three; but the total count is more than 4000. All ILites are my friends, Right?) has helped me develop a well-rounded personality and have a balanced approach to life.

I got much more than my women friends that I gave to them. God has granted that during this birth I shall be a receiver always.
    I received from my women friends, love, affection, understanding and an inspiration to live.
    Actually I am rather selfish in this.

About that clairvoyant. I stopped visiting him after that. Because he is so precise that once he reveals the future to me then I thought I would lose interest in living. So I have now switched over to the world's most perfect clairvoyant, God Herself, who will reveal my future when it is time.

Thanks for those beautiful words you have about my wife and me.
    Love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Thanks Anjana!

Dear Anjana,

The entire male sex is operating under a great misconception. That it is difficult to understand a woman. I have found in my real life that it is the greatest hoax played on mankind.

Women are simple and easy to understand, provided they are treated as normal human beings with the same feelings and emotions as men have. Only things the feelings are a little stronger but expressed a little more subtly.

Those of men who had this revelation earlier in life have a happy living. And those who did not complain about their wives.

Thanks once again Radha.
    Love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Thanks Vandhana

Dear Vandhana,

I am very happy to see you happy with this post. Yes, all these friendships were possible thanks to Indhu's understanding.

And you know a strange thing, Vandhana? I have seen women who are so very possessive of their husbands. Their husbands would not even dare to talk to other women in the presence of their wives. But these men have other relationships on the sly. They take enormous care to hide them.

But with an open and understanding person like Indhu I cannot even dream of doing wrong.

Of course by the traditional standards I am not fully pure - in the sense that I do look at beautiful women on the road. Love to see actress pictures and all. But I do these things even while I am with Indhu. And this irritates her no end. But I cant help it.

But at a point I draw a clear line and stay within my boundaries. That makes life interesting and friendships meaningful.

Thank you once again,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Thanks Kamla For those words!

Thanks a ton, Kamla. But to move with women friends you do not have to have talents. You need lots and lots of love and even more of empathy.

I just gave my love and respect to my women friends. In return they enriched my life, made it colourful and gave a whole new dimension to what I think, feel and write.

And thanks for the compliments paid to Indhu which I will surely convey to her.

L.,
    varalotti

5. varalotti

Yes, Varloo The Title is Not Apt!

Dear Varloo,

I admit the title is not apt. It insults the women and insults my wife who allowed me all this.
    But we writers have the nasty habit of giving shocking titles. Because our mission is to make people come to us.
    For instance my article in Dinamalar this week is titled, "Kamalahaasanukku Theru Kootum Velai."
    "A Sweeper's Job for Kamal Hassan"
    I would rather say if men move with women treating them at par with them, understanding would come to them naturally.
    And one fine morning the line dividing this half and that half will vanish from the face of the earth.
    Only on that day will women be truly liberated.

regards,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Thanks Abha!

Dear Abha Madam,

Thanks for your kind words. Regarding inappropriateness of the title I have already replied to Varloo. Please read that.

Well, I dont subscribe to the saying that Behind every successful man...
    I do strongly believe that a man is really successful if he has a good woman with him.

I will convey your "salutation" to Indhu. But please, please, next time spell Indhu with a h. She is very sentimental on that.

Thanks once again,
    Love,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Well Said, Seena!

Not only for my writing, but for everything the credit goes only to my wife. How does a man view a woman? It depends on the woman in his life. A man having a nagging wife carries over the same prejudice in his relationship with other women.
    Similarly a woman who has a sadistic husband mistakenly thinks that all men are like that.

Now Seena, I am revealing a secret to you. Dont tell others. This wednesday we are going to see the most controversial topic handled by me so far in Indusladies. I will give a clue. It will be about husbands, in-laws and mothers in general.

Thanks for your participation, Seena.
    sridhar

8. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Re: The Other Women In My Life - A Special Tribute On The Eve Of International Womens

Yeah, I hear the uproar before the war!

Discussion about MIL, husbands.......? :bangcomp: :goodidea:

9. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Re: The Other Women In My Life - A Special Tribute On The Eve Of International Womens

Hello Varalotti Sir,

Thank you for the individual reply. I appreciate that. If only I could see your wife and yourself together atleast on one occasion........,.

I am really sorry if I have hurt Indhu's sentiments, it was not intentional. I have other friends by that name and all of them are spelt without an h.

Regards,
    Abha.

10. varalotti

No Probs, Abha!

Absolutely no probs Abha. I was just joking. However Indhu is particular about her h. Once I joked to her, "Looks like you wont even mind my having an affair. But spelling your name without h is a greater problem."

No probs, Abha. Dont ever fret.

However I have a problem with you. I just want to tell you that I am Varalotti (or sridhar) but not Varalotti sir.
    So if I see Sir again then forever you will be Abhatv Madam. Ha ha ha...

Varalotti