1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The MIL's perspective on DIL - MIL conflicts: Why no woman starts a thread on it ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by darmesh, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Re: The MIL's perspective on DIL - MIL conflicts: Why no woman starts a thread on it

A person generating hatred and animosity towards other is also an equally agitated and distressed person.

How can a MIL filled up with hatred and anger towards the DIL , be herself a peaceful person ? She (MIL) would also be agitated , restless and miserable, equally as miserable as the DIL, whom she tortures.

2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Re: The MIL's perspective on DIL - MIL conflicts: Why no woman starts a thread on it

What is your answer ?:)

3. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

I did not succeed, that is why I started a thread.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

This reminded me of something that happened during my wedding. There was a puja in the morning (only me and my parents were there) and the pandit said that god give you the strength to listen to anything at your in laws place or something to that effect.

Now when I think of this somewhere all this ill treatment is socially acceptable upto a point. Mental harassment is difficult to prove. How many times do we on this forum tell ladies that this happens in every household? MAny many times. Why? Because there is no solution. One has to live with it.

6 people like this.
  5. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

9 people like this.
  6. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

The Sister in Law turning nasty towards the newly married wife is similar to the MIL - DIL conflict.

I have read some threads based on perspective from a SIL, here.

7. persecutedDIL

persecutedDIL Gold IL'ite

Hi Darmesh,

Why don't you post on what goes on in your household, for a change, instead of asking generic questions. Of course, generic questions are allowed.

You would note that 90% of the thread here are on specific problems and are not philosophical in nature.

Women come here for very specific, real-time and time-bound solutions.

Also, women have problems more with their husbands than with their MILs (this is what the posts show here). The "Married life" section has far more posts than the "Relationships with In-laws" one. Thus husbands are far bigger trouble maker in wives' lives than their MILs and FILs!

My first answer is this:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...232586-root-cause-hubbys-inclination-his.html

Second answer will come in the form of a thread :)

2 people like this.
  8. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

When you and your hubby had a fight, she has every reason to be happy about it.

But, when she herself boils with anger towards you and does an action driven by her hatred towards you, she must be miserable in the process of agitation due to anger and hatred.

No angry /hate filled person can be a peaceful person.

9. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

What goes on in every household , goes on in mine too. There is nothing unique or different in it. My wife and my mother hate each other. They do not miss any opportunity to show that the other is wrong.

And I have already given up, making any effort to undo the hate (in both's minds), years back. It is beyond my capacity and competence.

10. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reference to that thread. I am going through it and will get back to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.