1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Mangalsutra Mystery

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Laks09, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

btw did you give lunch to your dear Sis ? :)
    Sho shweet of her to leave office and come home to console you .

2. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

Hi Laks
    Very well written.It happens in my house also. My husband also is clueless about all these things. It is very irritating but when we look back it seems to be very funny.
    Enjoyed reading it

3. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

My dearest Laks,

First of all apologies for coming in so late to post my response.I nominated your blog lest everyone misses out on such a wonderful piece of ineffable delight.I know the convention is the other way around where one comments and then nominates.

Anyways, without further digression , when I started reading it, it was like a paroxysm with medley of feelings bursting in all directions.There was humour, satire, pun , mystery on reading it but the most appreciable feature was how deftly you have handled it.It is extremely rare to come across such blog where you have experimented with your writing style and it was a runaway success.Yes, it was amusing to the core and I enjoyed it thouroughly.

I hope you would regale us now with your writing as the comments received bear the testimony to the admirers you have garnered in such short time.

Eagerly waiting for your next entry !!!!!!!!!!!

4. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laks, It is very interesting to read your experience.But you were in a great tension at that time.but at last you have found it.That is good.Wonderful Blog.Really I enjoyed it.Thanks to you.

5. swap

swap New IL'ite

sorry but this is a cute scene even my hubby is the same can somebody tell me why are husbands so?????

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear laks,

that was just GREAT ! absolutely captivating narration.hahaha dont we all have such hubbys:biglaugh
    love
    Mindi

7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear kAlyaniShAnti - Thank you for the FB. I'm glad you enjoyed reading.

Dear sripillai/Bhansnig/Swap and Mindi - We need to start a specific thread on Hubbies Howlers in the relationship forums. I'm sure it'll be an instant hit with all of us having incidents like this one to share. Thank you for your FBs and I'm happy you liked reading.
    Dear Ranchu - Yes, I did get my sister a good meal before she went back to work.

Dear Suryakala - You are absolutely right, I've never been so tensed in my life! Phew, it was such a relief to find the Mangalsutra!!

Dear Sabi - Thank you for the nomination and the FB. As I mentioned in the nomination thread, you considering my post as worthy of nomination means a lot to me. Your FB gives me the exhilaration and encouragement to promptly start thinking about a next entry, something which is constantly at the back of my mind these days.

I've hard pressed for time and hence haven't been able to post responses to all the comments received. I'm sorry for the delay.
    I hope all of you are doing well.

8. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Laks,

Nice write up! I enjoyed your narration!

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laks,
    Congratulations on your win!
    I read your blog and I note that it is your first one at that..o wow, it is too good!
    I loved your narration style, it was like experiencing all your various anxious emotions with you. The dialog between your husband and you brought a big smile to my face. Loved the way you called it the diamond mangalasutra and him calling it a 'chain'! So typical of men.
    Ha ha ha, I am glad that there are more such husbands, it is not just me who has to suffer!
    Must mention your sis and her hunger at 4pm for lunch, that was a masterstroke Laks!
    L, Kamla

10. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Ho ho ho.. you have a very nice way of putting things!
    Thank god you got your jewellry back..

Keeping sharing such interesting stories with us.