1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Man with the Golden Teeth

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Teeth

We buy milk from the milk booths here of Saras Diary, the local Rajasthan Diary.They have a scheme, that u buy 30 coupons at one go,pay in advance, get 1 per litre off,and they give u a numbered card,which u fill yr name and adress,and give it to booth guy.He signs and give u half of it back.A lottery is opened, and the first prize is 1 kg of gold.I too have the card and lets see what lady luck brings when the draws are opened.

Today on my morning walks, I met this guy, lets call him Vengali,who won the 1 kg of gold a year back,and was pulling his leg about the prize money.And it reminded me of the time he had won it.

Vengali's name came in the papers,front page as having won the prize,and receiving the gold bar,rather a brick, from our Chief Minister,Vasundara Raje,who is the patron of Saras,and she appears all over the town on hoardings,telling people to buy Saras Milk.After a few days when i met Vengali, i congratulated him,and we were walking in the garden in the circular path.Two walker Goons,fat sloths,who when he sits on the scooter to come to the garden,his stomach covering the whole scooter,and it looks he is just on Wheels,corned Vengali in front of me, and said "Idhar Aa Vengali, party varty de.Sun, kal Saturday hai, bring Two chickens,and two bottles of whiskey to the garden,and we will have a ball".

Vengali is a big miser,though very monied,as i learnt from my barber,who is common to us both.He told them, that he ha joined a religious sect,bcs of which he is pure veg and dosnt drink,and the sect dosnt allow hinm to serve these items even to guests,so no party.smart guy.

Vengali was bugged with the gold prize.He said when he went to collect it, they said pay the tax of 2 lakhs(Gold was maybe 6 lakhs a kilo then),and he told them cut out the 2 lakh gold from the bar as tax,but the officials refused to relent.So he had to bring a DD frist of 2 lakhs and then the gold was given to him.

I told Vengali, u lucky bloke, what will u do with the gold?He said, my married dughter she has asked for a share,my wife wants me make something,my son wants a gold watch,so i will be left with very little.

I told him, see i will give u a brillant idea,or rather a brillianter idea.why dont u put golden Caps on all yr teeth,so that when u smile u will dazzle everyone with yr smile.And u would be called " THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN TEETH ".Today i met him, alas he did not listen to my idea, and all his relatives and family squandered the Gold.All i could see was a silver filling.

Now i am waiting for my turn, to win the prize,.so if in the next pics of mine on Sulekha,u see me with a blazing smile,u will know where i got the smile From.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Cleaver Person... in avoiding party/varty... I read a joke.... Lucky is a relative term... Means all relatives will be with you.... :2thumbsup: ...

We Wish you all the very best of luck and may Lady Luck smile at you and wink at you and you win that Gold...

I know a Doctor who does the Gold Lining/Filling... Dont worry, I have already informed him... He said he will not charge you any consultancy or any fees whatsoever... So, Please let us know whan you get the Gold... All the agreement papers are ready, he will do the Gold lining/filling in 250 gms and balance will be given to me and I will pay triple his fees..... Hahahahahaha...

Awaiting the GOOD NOOOS....

Veda

3. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Back to humor, Kamalji. I had a good time reading about poor Vengali....oops sorry rich Vengali's tryst with luck. Vengali must be having a big appetite what with his big stomach covering the whole scooter! Now that his lottery money is all squandered, he will listen to you next time you offer him any suggestions. Good luck to you Kamalji - may you win the gold or rather the golden teeth.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kamalji,

Looks like you are testing waters here...by posting this one here.....

You plan a lot before you get a lottery...if i get.i will do this..that...but when lady luck really smiles and you are a winner...you dont know what to do....

some people like vengali .dont know how to take care of what they have got.....

on lucky draws.....i would like to tell you about a person....in muscat..the banks have lucky draws...it so happened the guy (lets call him X) had won in the first round...he very wisely left the amount in the account for future draws...lady luck smiled again ...the second time he got lucky again...when asked you have won twice...(the sum was a not a small amount)...what would you like next...prompt came the reply...i will wish that i get the highest prize in the draw..the annual one.... I did understand the more you get the more you become greedy...but did not understand why should lady luck smile on him again and again...

All the best on your winning...and filling.....:mrgreen:

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Veda,

That was a good one.I cam coming to chennai next month and will bring the gold.You get all yr teeth filled,no probs.I will just inform some gangsters, who will be after yr life and yr teeth :-D So dont blame me Veda, if something happens.HAHA.

Thanks and regards.kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Nivediji,

I will give u gold for one teeth, and one for yr husband.So when u smile, what a lovely pair u will look eh !Made for each other :)

Thanks and regards.kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti,

Lady luck is smart.It dosnt come to my house, it will come to yours.Wishing u all the best.

Well i too would have done the same,kept the money in the bank and eaten the interest.

Regards.kamal