The Macro-Vision of the Gita:

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gayathri,
    You got it right.
    I wanted the topics to come in succession, because each is the corollary of the previous one.
    Pesonally, I feel, we have to literally "struggle" & come out of our tangles & shell(which are never going to leave us, aptly called Samsara Sagaram !) & contribute our two cents to the Universe in our own way. Between us, I think there cannot be a better platform than our own dear I L.
    Thankyou for your enjoyable F B, Gayathri !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Ms C,

Am a little late in responding. Though i read your post last night, I wanted to wait till this morning to read it again before replying. You have given us a beautiful piece yet again. I loved the example of IL that you gave to Kamla. Yet another quote comes to mind . The one that JFK said in his inaugaral address:

" ask not what the country can do for you ( micro) , but what you can do for the country( macro) .

And yes Kamla, you have given the perfect description for Ms C. " the hands that gave us Ragi doasai......."

Loved this article MsC. A lot of thoughts to ponder about.

Till next week then.

Vandhana

3. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

As usual you put forth complex concepts in a very easily absorbable format... nice work... I think I'm getting an addiction to your Vedanta write-up, it does get insatiable!

4. Chitvish

Dear Vandhana,
    Never mind a little delay - so long as you respond !
    This macro-concept, though not easy, has to be consciously developed. I am glad you liked the post. Thankyou, V.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Dear Lavanya,
    Thanks for your encouraging F B.
    I was very apprehensive when my teacher insisted that I should include mild doses of vedanta along with culture articles. I now thank him for guiding me right, as ever !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    I did start reading yesterday, but a lot of happenings, Roshini came in yesterday,and ilost my mobile and of course doing all the necessary things canceeling and reporting to the right people, put my reading off! On top of it Rosh has damaged her laptop, her exams are on and she has whacked off my laptop....so after all these happenings i had to calm down considerably to get into the mood !
    But i must say what a write up....enjoyed every bit....did remind me of my macro and micro economic classes....but you brought out a different aspect to this macro concept !Also that we have to give up our micro way of living is very clear, .....wow , really wonderful topic and very well written ......of course i too will need time to ponder and digest and try to lead a macro way of life!

But i think if we really keep what you have said in our mind, we can to a large extent be calm and serene maybe not so much like Arjuna, but to our own limit and thus lead a better life and contribute our work also to the betterment of this universe!
    :2thumbsup: keep them coming...really enjoying these sessions with you, now i dont miss not having the opportunity to attend the vedanta classes!

7. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

You seem to make this vision of Gita very interesting with various examples. I am still learning micro management and here you are bringing macro examples.:) With all your examples vedanta seems a bit easy for me to understand. Now I want to think as to how I can apply Gita in our day to day lives to make it more meaningful and I know can count on you. Sorry for the delay this week Chitra for my mind was just not as calm as Arjuna.
    Love,

8. Chitvish

Dear Sudha,
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    I cannot help saying that you are the very embodiment of encouragement to me.
    I realise, you have just gone through minor crises management on various aspects - losing mobile, sharing PC with Rosh ( not an easy thing, though!) etc. These micro-level managements are an ongoing process and one can never hope, will end at all in one's life. In tamil we say " kathi pochu-vaal vandadu, dum dum dum" !
    Now, I give you a very small example of macro-level, though may not be too apt & correct. Inspite of all your preoccupations, you did think outside your personal horizon & bothered to share your thoughts with me. This is because, you feel you owe something to whoever shares thoughts with you, on, what we should do in life and how to channelise our thinking process in the right direction ! Call it Vedanta !!
    I would even say, in present day life, any small thought outside the personal sphere is macro, to start with. So, you are going in the right direction, my dear Sudha !
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

My dearest RadhaM,
    Knowing the mental turbulence you are going through right now, that you did bother & take time off, to send me a F B, shows that you do have a macro vision - please read my post to Sudha.
    Remember the Law of Cycles - sukham & dukham are cyclic. Just think, that now,in a short while, all ill-health will disappear & good healthy life will surface. At that time, what you are going through will look like a bad dream.
    It is our faith in God that gives us the equanimity to go through good & unpleasant times in life, putting the entire " bhaaram" on him. Pray to Him, that only He who has given tough times, should be with you to help you tide over the tense moments. All will be well, Radha.
    My prayers are with you.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

True , what you have said is true! I think the time we take to share with others not only the happy moments but also other not so happy moments, is one way of incorporating this macro vision.....actually i never thought of it this way! Yet another eye opener in my vedanta class! Thanks that actually makes me feel better , that thinking and worrying about others or talking to them is not actually a waste of time and energy!:2thumbsup: