1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The love scene I always love!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Dec 19, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You made me blush, Kodha!

Dear Kodha Lakshmi,
    Sorry for making this comment; there is absolutely no relationship between your pure-sounding name and the content of your posts. While other ladies just made me turn in my seat, you made me blush almost blood-red.
    Rest assured, Madam, this poem on moon was not fuelled by gruel or rasanchatam, but it was long buried in the depths of my heart, which came out on its own, when I wanted to say something different in my biweekly post.
    Jokes apart, (to use your language) I am glad that you had already read it and that in spite of that, you enjoyed reading it one more time. Thanks for your nice words on my translation.
    As I sign off, Ms.Kodha Lakshmi, I can't help making this comment. May God save your husband.
    regards,
    Varalotti

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  2. varalotti

Did Indhu turn the romantic in me, or did the romantic in me attracted Indhu?

Meenu,
    The question I have raised in this title in response to your question in your title to the post is at least as old and as philosophical as which came first, the hen or the egg.
    But leave that unromantic similes, we have our Poet Laureate Kaviarasu Kannadasan who raised a similar question in his own inimitable style

கொடி அசைந்ததும் காற்று வந்ததா?
    காற்று வந்ததும் கொடி அசைந்ததா?

Did the wind move the plant
    Or the plant's movement caused the wind?

Lets ponder over this question.
    Varalotti

3. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Very , very beautiful poem! All that lovely words are floating in the mind..
    Eventhough couldn't read the original form, the translation is really touching...
    thank you, for providing a very charming piece to read..

4. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Just enjoyed the poem even though could not read the original. Looks like you sure are in a romantic mood. I would love to sit on my front porch on a starry night and would love to gaze at the moon. What a lovely sight. As Albert Einstein said 'I like to think that the moon is there even if I am not looking at it'. I did feel that after reading your poem.

Love,

5. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

This week post is really very beautiful and romantic. I too had read it several years back, nice to read it again. Your translation is so good and as charm as the original one. Had a great time reading it.

regards,
    kodi.

6. varalotti

Thank You, Seena!

Thank you seena. Glad that you liked the poem. Relax to your fullest for this Saturday's post is going to be rather heavy. That is why I prepared the ground by making it light this time.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

An Apt Quote of Einstein, Anjana

Dear Anjana,
    While I am very happy and thrilled to see all you guys enjoying an old romantic Tamil Poem, I am also worried how you are going to take this Sat's post which is going to be rather heavy. But life is made up of all things and I am sure all of us will take these things with equanimity.
    Einstien's quote is apt. It is at one poetical and philosophical.
    Reading the poem or even thinking about it, would push any one into a romatic mood. That's the power of classic Tamil poetry.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Nice You liked it , Surya

Dear Surya,
    Nice to know that you had read the poem several years back and you enjoyed reading it now.
    Now that we are sufficiently relaxed we are well-prepared to take this Sat's lesson on the most uncomfortable topic.
    Stay tuned, Surya.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hi Sridhar!!!

I am so late to went through this thread...If i dint bother really i would be the loser!!!!.....What a poem!!!....I felt and imagined as though i watched a love scene in a film:-D ....I pray almighty ,to create more Bharathi's and Bharathi Dhasan's.......

here is my applause for you and Great poet who made you to post this :clap

10. varalotti

Thanks, Nalini!

Better late than never. I am happy that at last you did not miss this beautiful poem. Maybe at a later time I will post some other love poem like this (seeing the response of ILites I am tempted to fill all my posts with romantic poems).
    But side by side, we also have a duty to learn something important and serious.
    So stay tuned for today's posting. Dont miss for it is going to be a heavy lesson, but all the more essential for all of us.
    regards,
    sridhar