The Light of the Enlightened – Bhagavad gita verses 2.67-2.72

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidhi and Malathi
    Honestly, I am looking forward to our journry through the Third Chapter with greater eagerness. In fact, after I started writing my supplements to Chitvish's lead posts, I feel a lot more at peace with myself. This is a strange journey I have never attempted before though I have read a lot of Theology. I have now understood that writing gives us a greater perspective than reading.
    I am really grateful that I have this opportunity to do some introspection with all of you.
    Sri

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Great... For a wanderer like me, this has brought light in the dark tunnel....

How true... The wandering mind carries away all the wisdom... When we are angry or very happy, we think of things whcih we cant do or will not even think of otherwise... We get carried away by the emotions... Your example of wind carrying the boat... the power of the wind is great...

that person who moves without desire and without the notion of "I" and "mine", enjoys peace.

Yes... I fully agree with you... If you dont have the ego and the attachment... you dont have expectations and no dejections.... you take things as they come and enjoy peace...

Again, the timing was so perfect.... hahahahaha... Great...

Thanks

Veda

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

What a classic example.... Your suppliment post to the lead post makes it all the more easy to understand for the dumbheads like me... Thanks for making this high theory subject to be understood with beautiful simple examples...

Veda

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidhi,
    Our controlling sense organs is the main problem.
    Once bliss-consciousness is permanently attained, thereafter cravings, call them desires do not arise. Till then they do poke their ugly heads in our life.Lasting peace can never be attained.
    Only meditation on the Self leads us to grow and attain cosmic consciousness.
    The time taken is, not just "lot", Vidhi, it is many many janmas!!
    We must learn a lesson from every fall!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Veda,
    Your visiting this thread makes me happy, can't help saying.
    All said & done, it is not easy to get over "I" and "mine". That is not wrong at all, but we must always remember the extent upto which we can go - emotions, if strong, make us falter and it is too late when we regret.
    More than giving up attachments, we have to learn to accept whatever comes our way. It may be what we like or exactly opposite of what we wanted to happen. But that is life!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mrs. C,

Never thought our mind to be an ocean. I have learned alot in these gita posts. I am ever greatfull and happy for all the things that I have and people in my life.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I have a doubt in the 72nd stanza of the 2nd chapter.
    Is it possible for a person who has lived a sinful life all through to attain the Brahma sthithi if at the time of death he genuinely makes an effort to attain Nirvana?
    If that is the case would it not convey a wrong message to lay people that one can postpone trying to achieve Nirvana till the time of ones death? Should not realising Brahman be a life time experience?
    Could you please enlighten me on this?
    Love,
    Malathi