The law of Seven in the Universe and the Man:

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear RadhaV,
    Thankyou very much for the F B.
    I am more than suprised - I created the index long back & have been updating & included the pdf file also there !
    Please go to
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...index-significant-unique-features-indian.html
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Thanks for redirecting me to the appropriate thread. After i sent the FB, I had a hindthought that may be it is already indexed somewhere. Thanks for letting me know the exact thread.

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    Another gem of a post from you! I have always wondered at the significance of numbers in our culture....they always have a meaning! Especially this 7 ....

I too have composed a dance ballet when i was in india called Vanavillin 7 Varnangal....based on this concept of 7 .....and touching on the diverse religions and differences in our society and uniting them under one! Also did the 5 Elements of nature.....i have wanted to cover all the numbers till 10 with our dashavatarams....but still all those dreams have to be fulfilled...
    But i am glad to be reminded of all this now and the amount of research i had done and explored all the information. I am truly happy to read this ....and the meaning of GAYATHRI, that i dont remember reading anywhere!

Wow Chitra, keep them coming.....:2thumbsup:

4. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra Ma'am,

Thanks for another well written & informative post! To read about the Law of Seven governing the Universe & Man made an interesting read.

Come to think of it, our vedas & ancient scriptures have so much to offer. Appreciate your effort in bringing this knowledge to us.

Regards,
    Ragini.

5. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    Have always wondered, what was the reason behind number seven.Thanks for this eye-opening post learnt a lot from it. Our scriptures have a lot to offer and if taken in doses,seems so rich. May be that is why we say'Ezhu kadal'-seven seas and 'Ezhu Malaiyaan' ? Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks for refreshing my Chemistry knowledge with periodic table. Oh how I miss those days:cry:
    Love,

6. Chitvish

Dear Sudha,
    Thanks a lot for your F B.
    You are right, next to 7, the no: 5 is sifnificant. May be, I can start working on that for my next topic !
    From what you write, I guess that your dance ballet must have been very interesting ! Why did we not meet when you were in India ?:icon_frown:
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Radha,
    So, we both have remembered that we were chemitry students once upon a time !
    I know only the names of Seven Seas, not ezhu kadal !
    The names of ezhumalais will come in one of M S S's suprabatham songs ! I am not sure about the order, to be frank !
    Thanks a ton for your F B, "the faultless one" ! (?)
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear "my favourite named one",
    I am glad that you enjoyed this post.
    "so much" is a miniscule word that can ever describe, what our vedas have to offer ! Let us atleast make an attempt at catching a glimpse of what our shastras have left behind for us!
    Thankyou for joining us here, Ragini !
    Love,
    Chithra.
    I think, it is time you start calling me Chithra - I prefer it anyday in virtual interaction, madam!:tongue

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

Once again, some I knew, much I learnt:) Thank you so much. I feel like I should go back to school and this time, a vedantic or a gurukulam type of schooling would be a great idea. When we have so much burried in our own Veda shastras, why are we generally so ignorant about it...or should I speak only for myself:oops:

I forgot that 7 was such an important number for us, you say 5 too. Yeah, Saptaswara, Saptarishi, Saptapadi and so on and on including the Sapta chakras in our body.

A very enjoyable account of the Law of Seven Chithra, Chitvish, Chit, Chitra, Microchithra, Macrochithra and last but not least, Anonymous:mrgreen:

L, Kamla

Felt like giving the names of Ezhumalai here:
    Vrishabadhri, Neeladhri, Anjanadhri, Seshadhri, Garudadhri, Narayanadhri and Thiruvenkatam.

10. Chitvish

Dear Kamla,
    ThankGod, I did'nt miss out on your F b ! For such abstract topics, I really get anxious, how they will be received !
    Don't you ever think that I doubt if you will read mine - no, no no ! If you move away from me, who will ever come near me, my friend ?
    Thanks for giving the 7 Hill names.
    Now I will confidently go ahead with the law of five. That also makes interesting observations!
    So, Sujatha, you have made me Sapta Namika ! I loved it, my favourite being the last, because I can use it for "all" n-----y posts !!:wink:
    Love,
    Chithra.