The Law of Cycles - a Vedic View.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Madam Chitvish,
    It is true that in nature There exists the law of Cycles. Say for example The appearences of COMETS, The appearences of 27 stars,The rotation
    of the planets round the SUN , The revolution of each planet on its own axis ,
    revolutions of the natural sattelites round The planets are cyclic(periodic) The
    periodicity may differ from one to other but their motion is cyclic.That is why
    our sastras say that there is no begining or ending to this universe.Every planet is almost a spheriod. For a crcle wHere is the begining or where is the end? A good idea :goodidea: Sd/sastry

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

One more wonderful concept , brought forth by you in a very nice way! Yeah, when we sitand think we can see all this, but who has the tiem for all this na.....good that you are here, to keep reminding us and making us think...and of course try to pass it on !

Looking fwd to your next week's post!

3. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Thought Provoking

A very thought provoking post!!! Contemplating on such eternal truths will surely make a person devoid of ego.

Can you please provide some examples from day to day life( like you always do ) to turn problems into opportunities keeping this law in mind?

-Gayathri.

4. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chitra,

As usual a well written post. It is good to know that Law of cycles do exist for it helps us see what we can expect next. Nothing seems to be permanent. These days we seem to lose sight of it though. Is reincarnation a part of this cycle too Chitra then maybe it explains it all. Waiting for next weeks post.
    Love,

5. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra

A beautiful topic very well written. From your explanation, what I understood was, when there are downs, there will be definetly an up. But what we generally do is, become over joyous when good things happens and depressed and dejected during difficult times. We should try to achieve a balance between these "two". There are like two sides of a coin. I enjoyed the examples you have given from nature and about animals and birds. Please tell me whether I am on the right track.

Waiting for your next weeks posting

Love and regards
    Priya

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Namaskaram Sastrygaru,
    Thankyou very much for joining us in this thread.
    You have complemented my post very well with good examples.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

My dear Sudha,
    Thankyou very muc for the F B.
    Everyday, morning & evening remind us that these cycles are eternal ! Don't you think, our daily activities, infact, our entire life is programmed on these ?
    Next week? - surprise ??!!:wink: Just a change of topic - don't get too much worked up or excited !! May not be worth it.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

My dear Gayathri,
    Thankyou very much for your post.
    Very often, we feel hurt, depressed, angry .... the list is endless. Just tell yourself " This too shall pass... ". Remember every minute, you are exhausting one minute of sadness & less time only is left for the next cyclic emotion to set in. But, let us remember the same when we are experiencing joy.
    This is what the Gita teaches us - not to be too upset with unhappiness or get carried away by over-joy. This is equanimity. Though far from easy, not only so, ,very tough to practise in life, this is what ultimately helps us through, in life. These are all virtues, we have to develop, to be happy persons ourselves & for others who live with us.
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  9. Chitvish

My dear Radha,
    Thanks for joining us.
    I will not like to use the word "reincarnation" - but birth & death are definitely cyclic. Do we not often use the term " kodanu kodi janmam" ?
    Nothing, let me emphasise, nothing lasts forever. This is the ultimate truth.
    As soon as we wake up in themorning, do we not plan the day's activity, knowing, noon will follow, then evening, night etc ? That is where we realise the importance of the Law of Cycles. But when it comes to our emotions, we refuse to accept it ! We want to be eternally happy, which is never possible !
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Dear Priya,
    You have understood it very correctly & explained it beautifully.
    In tamil, there is a saying
    முப்பது வருஷம் வாழ்ந்தாரும் இல்லை
    முப்பது வருஷம் தாழ்ந்தாரும் இல்லை
    We must remind ourselves these facts eternally - both during good & bad times !
    Thanks for your F B, Priya.
    Love,
    Chithra.