1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The kiddish playful things you do to/with your spouse?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, May 26, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

I am all smiles reading your post RV8. Your "Oru kathai sollu" :rotfl
    That reminds me of how DH and I play with mega serials and movies.

I for one do not want to know the story or even know who is the hero-heroine before watching any movie. I want it as a surprise. But sometimes DH will try to out with it just to irk me. He will say, "kathai sollattuma?" (shall I tell the story?) or would blackmail, "ippo itha seiyalena, kathai solliduven". (If you do not oblige, I will tell the story)

When I sense he is going to tell, I will be plugging my ears and yell "ahhhhhhhhh" till he shuts his mouth. When I take my fingers out of my ear, he will start to tell and I do "ahhhhhh" again to avoid hearing any words.

And then I take revenge. We have the habit of watching mega serials together during dinner time. I will watch an episode that might be a turning point in the series before he comes. Then set up the laptop and call him, "antha Nitya husband kitta avanga amma unmaiya sollitaangale, antha episode parkalama?" :biglaugh(shall we see the episode where Nithya's husband comes to know the truth?) .

The husband knowing the truth would be the gist of that episode and my DH will be like M.N Nambiyar, "parkaren, inime entha padathai nee olunga parkarennu parkaren" (I will make sure, you will not get to see any movie without a foreword on the story). :rotfl

2. DDC

DDC Silver IL'ite

Here goes ours:
    Every sun morning(he knows its coming just doesnt know when), I sneak up on Dh with coconut oil & soak his hair. By this time DS who has realised whats happening to dad has taken off running. He's my next target. Now the whole family is running after DS, pins him down & puts oil on his hair, after which he whines until his shower.

Dh always gets me by seriously telling me, in a middle of a conversation ofcourse" You are wearing only 1 earring, I think you lost one" My hand automatically goes to my ear & he's grinning. After so many years, now I just give him the look. But he always throws a curve ball with "your duppatta is not ok, hair is not right, button is off" smthing.

Whats with the hide & seek, seems to be very popular. We do that too.
    Funny txt msgs when we know the other person is in a meeting. When we are walking past each other, we run into the other person on purpose & then behave like strangers "can you see where you are going? etc etc"

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:rotflcute cute!
    ooh.. i dare not do that. he gets real serious, ya.

My first word if I call him at work is "Busy-a?". If he answers in Tamil, I go non-stop starting from how the kitten next door stopped and stared at me for a second. . If he is in Peter mode (ie. answers in english), even if he says, "Not busy" I know he may not be in the mood. So I turn a Mrs.Peter and say, "Will call you later". :biglaugh

1 person likes this.
  4. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

5. DDC

DDC Silver IL'ite

We have the same language code too, though we rarely call each other. Once he was in a meeting & I didnt know. I sent him a funny IM & he immediately logged out. Later he tells me "baby I was doing a presentation so my computer was hooked to the projector when your IM popped up" Thank God it was in Tamil.:biglaugh

6. rv8

rv8 Gold IL'ite

LOL :rotfl:rotfl That's so cute MsTrue and DDC... This 'Peter' mode phone calls are same with us too...

And ya, he also has this wierd habit of guessing the suspense and breaking it open half way through the film..:rant I get sooo irritated and it so happens that he would be right and make me look like 'Intha padatha poi ivlo neram pathiya, nan than munadiye climax solitene..' (Why did you watch this movie for so long, I told you the climax upfront)

He sings some cute-cute songs with no meaning... Like he puts on all the nicknames he calls me with, makes his own tune and sings a song.. I feel I am on the top of the world at that moment!!! :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

I am compelled to write this after reading all your responses for this thread. This thread is indeed interesting and very funny to read.

Let me recollect some of our playful things.

Following are the ones that seem to be universal

* Hide and seek,we play it too. I used to hide inside the closet, and it is very hard for him to find out as I change locations each time.
    * This 'Peter' mode phone calls are same with us too.
    * We too have tons of pet names for each other, and he calls me by weird names too.
    * If the laptop is infected, then it is only because of me as I am the one who browses all the junk sites:hide:.
    * Tickling. We both tickle each other.
    * Playing with bed sheets and comforter (by pulling /removing) when sleeping.
    * fighting for same spot in the couch.

and some more are

* He carries me in and around the house, and I get really scared when he tries to do the same thing on the stairs. He can also swing me from his back side to the front side. I hope you all get it right:).

* He composes his own songs and writes lyrics and sings (horrible lyrics / singing). I have to admit that I secretly admire that.

* He used to write very well versed poems in Tamil before marriage. After marriage, he didn't write any, the reason he says for that is so cute, though I wish he continues to write poems. The reason he says is " En manasu poora neeya errukum poodhu ennakku kavidai epadi varum" (I can't think of anything else as you occupy my mind completely). I also tease saying that those poems are not his own that is the reason for his not writing poems anymore.

* One more thing which is a slightly modified version of some of your DH's tricks is, he tells the story of the movie upfront, but his own version of the story instead of the real one and I get mad at him for that. He keeps his face so serious, and I can't predict if he is faking the story or not.

*I named him "Dialog mannan" as he can go on,on and on on how much he likes me.. he says " Ellarrkum ellariyum entha ullagathulla evallavu pidikumoo multiply that by infinity X infinity X infinity this goes on till ask him to stop". I can't translate this. Sorry. Is it not cute?

I will stop with this as can hear you all shout " enough ..enough.."

8. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Loved reading all posts!What I do is...I wantedly give my husband shorts to wear at home..AFter that I start tickling his legs.He does the same to me...specially when we climb the steps to go to sleep...the first one who climbs the steps is so cautious that either we have to look back and climb or just run..Then there is an ad on new york life which keeps coming here...its about a boy with an elephant.The latest ad is that they watch a film shooting and there is a funny music.The boy gives such cute expressions and dances....that my husband just laughs uncontrollably.We have DVR so i wantedly keep rewinding it again so that he can laugh all over again.He gets frustrated and asks me not to...but the moment he sees it...he starts laughing so badly.There are many more..but i feel it is so childish..lol!

9. kal123

kal123 Silver IL'ite

OMG...all the posts are so funny...After all its not such a bad idea to get married I guess....:)

10. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

OMG! You are able to watch those serials :cry::cry:
    I saw few mins in some thing - chellame or some such crap, and Its real bad!!!Tamil mega serialsWitsend

For the guys, it may be a bad idea :biglaugh