1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Joy of Reading

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 27, 2007.

1. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

I like to communicate with book lovers very much. Did you read The Kite Runner by Khalid Hossein? If not rread it please. very good book. For light reading I recommend Alexander McCall Smith....especially No. 1 Ladies Agency series. You can google and find out more about him.

2. shyamala1234

Hi Ramya,
    I too love Pauo Coelo books. I am a big fan of Paulocoelho. I like especially Alchemist (I read it three times) and Veronica deicdes to die. It is partly autobiographical. His parents have put him in an asylum in his teen age years...thinking to become a writer is a crazy idea and he is not balanced. Later, see how many great books he wrote! Every young person should read his books. There is a very good website paulocoelhoblog.com for his fans. Very very interesting. I visit that website daily...as I check my mails daily. it has become a ritual.

One more good back that I recommend is "The last letter" by Randy Pausch. Excellent book and it is real, ot story. I want everyone to read the book. What a legacy he leaves for his children!
    Happy reading.

3. shyamala1234

Yes, Grisham books are good. You can try. Irwing Wallace you can try, Hailey already you read. Alchemist...I wanted to suggest but you read it. Another book of Paulo Coelho "Veronica dies" is VERY GOOD. I like it better than Alchemist. It is autobigraphical book of Coelho. Did you read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand? Extremely good. The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shrev is very good. It was recommended in many Book clubs. I would stop here...otherwise my list would go on and on. Only one more addition.....Class by Erich Segal or for that matter any book of Erich Segal. I am an ardent lover of books.