1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Hypocrite

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,

What a wonderful post Sir.Only a sensitive person like you would have probably felt this way.
    Yes it is sad that there are certain characters like this typical chauvinistic people who get a lot of thrill in flaunting their superiority in fromt of others. I feel so sorry for the wife of that man(animal). No wonder his kids wore a haunted look.

There are still so many men like that in our society that is male dominated and it is so hypocritical to display such sayings on the walls when you have no feelings towards whats written,. Glad to know shes atleast free to breathe at her own will.

Lovely post Sir as usual, though tinged with your ' Cheeniya Sirs humour 'it still had an element that needs to be deeply thought about.

Love,
    your Mol

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Mol
    Of all the negative attributes of human beings, the most loathsome is hypocrisy. Hypocrisy has been beautifully defined by Abraham Lincoln as a 'man who murdered both his parents... pleaded for mercy on the grounds that he was an orphan'!

Hypocrisy is the hall-mark of people who have absolutely no idea of what they are. As Emerson rightly observed, what is sin when committed by others is experiment when they themselves commit it!
    Sri

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear cheeniya sir,

Good post that brought about one predominant emotion...ANGER at the mans lousy treatment of his wife, and anger towards his wife too. how dare she tolerate this treatment...even if i had no education or family support i wouldn't tolerate anybody treating me like that ...lash it out and then possibly suffer the consequences...and she has two grown up daughters too isnt it for support...

on the lighter side. I know many women who would have scrubbed and cleaned and polished their house till my visit and then pretend to be laidback and apologize for the mess...REAL hypocrites…

and yes many men who think it is their great sense of humour to always refer to the wife as "my boss"….it can get quite irritating after a while….

Mindi

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  4. Cheeniya

Dear Mindi
    Anger was my predominant emotion too on seeing the hapless girl suffering in the hands of her inane husband. She did not probably give vent to her feelings having experienced on earlier occasions what would follow her protest. That man had meanness written all over him which was a strange contrast to how affable he used to be in clubs and other places.
    I personally hate hypocrisy of all types. I only remember that famous song of 'My Fair Lady' sung by an exasperated Rex Harrison- Why can't a woman be more like a man?!
    Of course, you can make it vice versa too if you like!
    Sri

5. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Goodness gracious me!! I had thought that the second plaque was a joke too. But facts proved that it was not one after all. For all you know, this chap didn't even realize that it was not a joke at all. Such people normally do not indulge in introspection at all. Yes, I have come across this type often enough. But not once have I met one who actually advertises his foul inadequacies this way.

This was a depressing tale. But it was very real I know.

oj

6. Cheeniya

Dear oj
    You have hit the nail on its head. What infuriated me was not that he indulged in such mean acts of insensitivity but, to quote your own words, he actually advertised his foul inadequacies this way. Having been a sordid witness to this tale, I felt a lot more depressed and shared it with you all only to lessen my burden.
    Sri

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Sad really Sri.You were right with ur feelings, and this guy made an ass of himself in front of you.

I have seen a few examples of such men, and i just hate them.They dont treat the ladies like a wife, but worse than a slave.

Regards.kamal

8. Cheeniya

Dear Kamal
    I guess that it was through slip of the tongue that you have said, "They dont treat the ladies like a wife" instead of "They dont treat their wife like a lady" If people start treating the ladies like a wife, only God could save them! bonk
    Sri

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

My apologies for the gaffe.

You know even my mistakes are funny what to do.HAHA

Regrads.kamal

OJ has become a big fan of yours, and he keeps digging up yrold blogs, so that means more homework for u, is nt it.i think it is time to punish him.Big Laugh

Thank god he is back with a bang all right.Regards.kamal

10. Cheeniya

Dear Kamal
    After writing my reply to your FB, I was keeping my fingers crossed wondering whether you would feel offended or take it in your light-hearted strides as is your wont. You are indeed a sterling chap with a heart of gold. No wonder you are extremely popular here!
    Sri