1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Hurdle And The Ladder

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 17, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Hurdle And The Ladder

2. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

This is really heavy stuff. I need to use the few grey cells that I have to think and understand.
    Will get back later.

Regards,
    usha

3. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Simply outstanding stories. I really love the attitude of praying for the people who are on wrong path... rather those who have suffered.

Treat the roots and not the felled leaves.

Amazing!!

Love,
    Aruna

4. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

My mind was little agitated in the morning. After reading your blog, it made me go into introspection mode. Is it possible for somebody to forgive and do good , even the people who have caused so many agony to them? At the most I can think of doing was forget and forgive. But how is it possible for a human being to go out of the way and think good and do good for people who have hurt them? At the bottom of my heart , I know that is the ultimate or highest in spirituality, but I find it too hard to do that( At best I am able to ignore them and carry on with life) . How was it possible for Sridhar(your name sake) or Dalai Lama? Loved Rumi's poem. Thanks Sridharji for this blog . Felt light in my heart in the morning itself.

Radhi

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Sridharji, As Usha ma'm said this really is heavy stuff.
    The two stories you shared with us and the protagonists are ...I dont know I dont have words to say about them.
    I am simply bowled over. I hope sometime in my life I will learn to fogive with all my hearts content and not just forgive and not forget.

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

I am like NIru & Ezhil now.

What can I say to this masterpiece...no words. As everybody says it is "quite heavy". Needs lot of introspection. Rumi's thoughts are quite thought provoking...the ladder version was superb...in my kids lingo "awesome".

Honestly you are answering all my doubts and answers Sri....the question I had raised regarding his tests has been well explained by the ladder theory. Need to read it again & again to get the full import.

My first opinion...will defintely come back after munching some more....hope you don't mind.

7. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

respected sir,
    amazing stories."pagaivanukku arulvai nannnenje" is simple to tell.but very hard to practice."nothing is more annoying to your enemy than forgiving him".he must be a true saint to practice "forgiveness".it is a divine quality.only mother and god forgives us for the unpardonable mistakes we do.
    i went speechless after reading both the stories.iam yet to take even the baby steps in this direction. i pray to almighty to give me the sadhbuddhi to take the first step.
    prijan.

8. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Another excellent piece............:)
    Truly beautiful thoughts being put across..............

regards
    Shobha

9. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Sir!

Another wonderful food for thought!! It will take time for me to chew and digest!!

"From the moment you came into this world
    A ladder was placed in front of you.
    That you might transcend it.
    From earth you became a plant
    From plant you became an animal
    Afterwards you became a human being,"

These words made me to compare our life with the paramapadam game!! People with kind heart and selflessness scores more and climbs ladder after ladder, and so their exposure to snakes and evils are more. Because snakes are more and ladders are less at top, we cannot just stay at the bottom line itself. We have to move forward as we are destined to play the game of life. To reach the top, we have to score more with our love, devotion, selflessness, etc., and should sustain the risk of evils. Even if the snakes bite, people can easily reach the top with the help of ladders and high scores!! With ladders and high scores, one can reach the heaven ,which is ultimate truth and wisdom, where there will be no snakes or ladders.:thumbsup Just my piece of sharing. Thank you sir!! Eagerly awaiting for your next blog!! Regards, Janani

10. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear sridhar sir,
    I have sat here for more than half an hour trying to write a comment, but nothing comes out. i have typed and erased countless words as they do not bring out the exact sense of what i feel.

we all have felt angred and even enraged at sometime or the other. we all have our valid reasons. we always try to justify our anger, we want to be considered rightious by those around us. but forgiving the other person doesn't even cross our mind. reading the story of sridhar and the incident of Dalai Lama, makes me think how petty our thoughts and actions have been.

the blog has reminded me something i read a long time back, i don't remember the exact words but it goes something like this.... hatred is like drinking poison and wishing the other person die. though seems irrelavent here, i think it is very relavent in the sense that forgiveness is like drinking a tonic to libarate your soul of hurtful feelings. i am not sure if i have made complete sense.

I don't know how much is humanly possible for us, but at least we can try to take baby steps in this direction.

thank you sir.

akila