1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The happiness of life is made up of little things

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 1, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

The happiness of life is made up of little things. Sometimes a smile, a hug, a moment of shared laughter can work wonders.

If we meet someone on the way whom we dont know but still if they smile we feel so happy. In life small things make us very happy.

Like here in IL if we get fbs to our threads we feel happy. We feel more happy when someone close to us gives fb and in case we do not get fbs from them we feel sad. Do you all feel like that.

Without seeing each other only by the writings we feel close to some people here.

My husband is a gem of a person . But sometimes when he gets angry for small things I feel very bad. Yesterday he had to pay electric bill and also had to go to book for gas. Both the shops are close.
    But after shifting to the new house we have to pay the electricity bill near our house only. Yesterday he was saying there was no Q in the shop near the Gas booking centre and he could pay the bill fast. I just asked him was there a line in the place near our house. For that he could have told that he had gone to the left side and not on the right side, so he did not see. But instead he got angry and said why should I see here when I had gone to that place to pay the bill and said you might be doing all that, I dont do. There is so much difference in talking also. Must be he was in bad mood and got angry with me. But I felt hurt when he got angry for a small thing.
    I did not say anything and kept quiet.

Sometimes I also ask him some silly questions and get into trouble.

Today he had go to the bank and meet his friend also. So I told him to buy vegetables and Coffee Powder. Told him thare are no potatoes, onions and tomatoes. If possible by that also. When he came I felt so bad that he bought many vegetables, coffee powder and also tur dal because he got for a lesser price. I did not ask him whether he came by auto while coming thinking he might get angry. But on his own he told me while going I got lift in a car and while coming back got lift by Auto. While going his friend dropped him at the station and while coming back my son's maid dropped him it seems. So he was lucky today .

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Akka (I read your invitation to address you just a few mintues ago)
    I fully agree that it takes only small things to make you happy. Your single line that earned me a sister-in-law has made me so happy - Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! This Friday is really an auspicous day for me :)
    Love
    Kamala

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala

Thanks for giving the first fb . I was just thinking so many views no fb and you fulfilled that and that too with relation. So I am overhelmed by your reply

Thank you very much for calling me Akka. For me also this Friday is auspicious because my sister in law has accepted the relation. In my house I am called Vijayam, so my younger brother calls me jokingly Jakka instead of Vijayaakka. You brought me memories of my childhood days. You just joined only in August and have won my heart. All the best to you and your family. The day you joined will be always remembered by me because that day only both my daughters got engaged but on different years.

love
    viji

4. videsha

videsha New IL'ite

Love ur blog...viji akka...Simple things do make me happy too!!Planning to go to Madurai with kids next week for the holidays. Sadly my kids keep singing " mathuraike poga maten" as they hv become accustomed to the style of living in chennai and "madurai is only for the conservative" they retort!
    I firmly agree with them because I looooooveeee madurai and yes it is the Temple Town that makes evryone proud of their Indian culture.. How do I make my kids share my passion? Any pointers?

5. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, simple and very funny story. Mn in Bomaby do help their wives. When I lived in Madras, only women did the paying bills etc. ( Ladies, I am talking about 70s) My DH get mad too for small things. I don't let him do any shopping. He is spoiled because I take care of all the work even when I work outside home. Our husbands love us showing it in different way That is the way we brought up. I am sure that you are not asking silly questions. He must love you so much that is why he got all other stuff too. so much love he has it for you. Enjoy it.
    @Videsha, When I wa syoung ( long, long time back), I didn't enjoy the temples. Now after watching some shows about South India, I would love to visit them not only for Darshan, but for architecture etc.
    Igf you can get the book by Michael Wood "Smile of Murugan" and read it your children, they may like to visit temples. Wood changed me completely showing me how rich our culture is. Other one is his program called "The Story of India" and he talks about Madurai temple. I am sure you can find it in India. Good luck. Kids will change their mind slowly. If you force it on them, then they wouldn't like it at all. Hope it helps you.

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Igf you can get the book by Michael Wood "Smile of Murugan" and read it your children, they may like to visit temples. Wood changed me completely showing me how rich our culture is. Other one is his program called "The Story of India" and he talks about Madurai temple.
    @ Coffeelover: Thank you so much for this information. I am to check out that book too; not to convince anybody but if you have recommended it it must be good. I have always loved our Indian temples and the architecture - each one is amazing engineering feat. so just want to know more.
    Thanks again.
    Kamala

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Viji Akka
    That was lovely! I felt a lump in my throat reading your post! I am glad that I joined IL on an important day in your lives. I wish bothyour daughters a happy marrried life.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Videsha

Welcome to my thread. I also like Madurai very much . But children since they have been brought up in Chennai must not be knowing the importance of Madurai. Make them understand and I think you got the answer for your question from Coffee Lover and Kamala

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Coffeelover

Thank you for your loving words. When my husband is not free I go for bank work and for buying vegetables and sometimes my husband goes. That day he had some work outside so I told him to buyvegetables as he was going somewhere near that place only. I know my husband loves me but he does not know how to show it. Sometimes for little things he gets angry and my mood gets spoilt. But dont argue with him thats why our life is very peaceful.

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala

Thanks for your good wishes

love
    viji