1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The greatest challenge in life is discovering who you are…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 11, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you ….

When we see others problems then only we realise that our problem is nothing. People who are in a family with son and daughter in law and grand children think that they should be free from all this. But those couples who are staying alone with their children either abroad feel their children should be with them and feel they are missing their children and the fun to be with them and with the grand children. Ikkaraiku akkarai pachai they say.

I dont know whether anyone noticed since 8th January I have not written in snippets. I controlled myself. Like some of my friends told me I thought let me not write everyday but I could not wait for long. In these three days I thought simply I worry about fbs when people have more problems than me which is nothing compared to my problem.

I should thank God that He has given me a retired life with less problems. Compared to others I dont have much work, I have an easy going life, noone to ask me whether I have finished my work in time or not. I work according to my conscious not because anyone is going to ask me. Seeing my health problems God has given me a small house so that not much time is wasted in keeping it clean.

People think that the most painful thing is losing the one you love in your life. The truth is, the most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, forgetting that you are special too

Thanking God everyday for my family, my health, my trials, my success, my tears, my laughter...everything which makes me and matures me.

There is always….. A little ‘Truth’ Behind ‘Just Kidding’. A little ‘Emotion’ behind ‘I Don’t Care’ A little ‘Pain’ behind ‘It’s Ok’ A little ‘Need’ behind ‘Leave Me Alone’

Difficulties are opportunities to better things; they are stepping-stones to greater experience.... When one door closes, another always opens; as a natural law it has to, to balance."
    — Brian Adams

3 people like this.

2. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Ya a similar themed poem was in our english subject.......

I dont remember the name but a line which has stayed with me is:

sucess is counted sweetest by those who dont succeed........

Cited the example of soldier loosing in war and all........

I remember it cause it resonated with me then that if passing marks are 33 and one student gets 91 and other gets 32......

Then for the first one 1 more will be nothing special but for the second one that 1 mark is equal to one year.......

Just wanted to share...

Thanks...

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Quebec dear welcome to my thread and its a great surprise to see you in my thread and glad too. Thanks for sharing your views, a good one to think of .

Just wanted to share...

Thanks...[/QUOTE]

1 person likes this.
  4. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Indeed Viji ji,i had noticed that you did n't post any new thread from 2-3 days.

I am glad you realized and took it in positive sense.

Keep writing !

1 person likes this.
  5. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

People think that the most painful thing is losing the one you love in your life. The truth is, the most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, forgetting that you are special too

Such beautiful and true lines they are..With my experiences in life,i just realised im worth it and neednt suffer just to please somebody else..Realised my worth and feeling good..

1 person likes this.
  6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

wow Viji ma, This is beautiful snippet... I must say this.

I love these lines...

- it takes lot of time to realise and accept this viji ma, though we know.. It gives such a confidence when we are happy with the life... That doesn't mean one should not be ambitious but when one looks beyond the negatives and problems in life and realises the worth of what we have instead of cribbing about we do not have ... It gives immense power, satisfaction and confidence to life.

It is very much true, is n't it?? When your love and affection are reciprocated and valued, it gives best feeling but when it is not even recognized, it shatters the self hence it is important to treat ourselves special and to love to ourselves too.

I love this.. I love this...Sometime this was my fb status too...

1 person likes this.
  7. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear viji,

You always come with childlike innocence however your posts bring significant message everyday. I think this forum would feel hollow without your snippet.You might have silent readers of your thread so keep writing as long as you feel happy doing it.

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yumna dear glad that you noticed and thanks for the encouragement

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sri dear glad that reading the quote made you feel good, thanks for the fb

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pallavi dear glad to see you here and the wonderful and thought provoking fb. I agree with you it takes time to realise the good things in life . We should be alert always to learn everything from anywhere, anyone. True Pallavi dear true when we expect love and affection from others we dont get always and its better to treat ourselves special and love ourselves. Glad yu liked the quotes.

I