The Golden Period in your Life?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mstrue, May 14, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Thank you, Savietha! :)
    :welcome to the club!
    PS: But I may drop out of the club in near future..or so I think.. :hide:
    :ideaJust planning to attend FoundLove's 'short post, to the point' crash course. :rotfl

All your golden moments especially the one with your DD are very memorable. Thanks for sharing, Savietha. :thumbsup

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. hairgod

hairgod New IL'ite

the period that i could understand the Buddhism . :thumbsup

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi mstrue,
    well,u had me thinking.well,it seemed all phrases of my life has been golden............& hope it continues.
    still i will go down the memory lane & list some very happy years of my life.
    i remember the time when as little girl i would visit my paternal & maternal village in HP.oh,those days spend running in rice fields,among cowsheds,bathing in river & eating sugarcane & raddish straight from fields..........
    then the year when i entered 10 th class.i knew this year would means lots of studies so i meant to have best of this last carefree holidays & my going childhood days.......all day we would play pithoo,cat in centre,cricket,trek to the elephant hill to fetch spring water & many times just lie under the apricot trees which were flowering those days (end of feburary).most beautiful sight in the world.

then my college days.............oh the romance of those days.everything looked so beautiful & i fell in one sided love with every tom,dick & harry but above all with Salman Khan.............

then after graduation the year i spent away from my parents getting my professional degree.me & my friends had a ball those days.we would watch every movie in theatre,visit all the toursit destinations around the city & even made a few days trip to kullu-manali & then to shimla............

my first year of marriage.i was so much in love & really awed that this person too loves me so much & very surprised also as to how can i love this person who was a stranger when this year started & now i can't imagine a moment away from him.

when i was pregnant with my son.i was very proud to be carrying a child & loved the VVIP tretment i got from everyone dh,my-his family,collagues,neighbours...............

then all these years with my 2 kids.i am really very happy to have my own kids whom i can spoil with as many kisses i want...........& demand same from them.
    many more happy,golden years to come.................:bowdown

4. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Pragati,
    TOUCHWOOD, TOUCHWOOD, TOUCHWOOD! :banana
    And my hearty wishes to Pragati, on behalf of IL, for many many many more golden periods in future. :2thumbsup:

5. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

True,

Like some of them here, all phases of my life has been golden.

Childhood - the best parents I could ever have, the period of growing up with my Dad and Mom, my dad being the best friend I could ever have and still is my best friend.... this has been golden phase of my life.

College years - this phase too has been golden..albeit some might call it boring, I was studious girl in College but still managed to have fun. Had lots of friends. My Dad never forbade me to go out in the night for movies with friends.

Working years in India - this phase too has been golden, I was independent girl earning somewhat handsome salary yet was very responsible. Had again tons of friends and was very much appreciated at work.

Marriage & after - married to the most wonderful man - this phase has been and is going golden. Yeah had some hiccups about TTC etc but I wouldn't discount the fact that my DH was there every step, never making me feel incomplete.

I think it depends on how you look at it...If I look back at all the positive things that have happened in my life, then all phases are indeed golden.

6. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

So Sweeetttttt, Jaya. Especially the part about your DH. :thumbsup
    More Golden phases are in store for you. And More Platinum Phases too. Happy for you!:)

7. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Thanks yaar, True. You are so sweet to me always and thanks for your wishes. ((((hugs))))

8. shineyaji

shineyaji New IL'ite

Beautiful thread..........
    Every moment of happiness is a golden period.......
    Ofcourse college days are the number one as we have money in our pockets and friends beside us to make the real use of it .........no tension, not knowing that we will come to a stage to repay that.......only freaking out mast

9. mywork08

mywork08 New IL'ite

10. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

I think all phases of my life has been golden periods except my first year of marriage life - The whole year I spent in Darfur/Sudan all by my self for professional reasons, leaving my husband alone in India and allowing my ILs to ruin our love. Nevertheless, I managed to reunite with my hubby and start a new life now:) So, my life has back to normal - to its golden nature:)

But when I think back about my dark days in Darfur, I still feel some proudness, achivement, true friends etc..etc... so, I really can't say its not a golden period.. So, let's assume my other phases of life are platinum periods, by leaving this Darfur experinece for Golden period:)

To answer the OP- The most memorable period of my life is my first ever working experience with United Nations (UNHCR) in India. It was right after my college days.

That was a very small office - I was the OIC of that 5 staff little branch office. My task was to identify victims of sexual and gender based violence. I used to travel throughout my area of responsibility with my team ( a lawyer, a counsellor, a medical doctor and two social workers) in our big land cruisers to help the survivors. The work is more sensitive, but apart from that, the travel and work experince is quite enjoyable.

Every trip experience is different and its like college trip.. As we all were in same age group and had fun trips always. The trips through villages in South India are so amazing.

It wasn't a routine job from 9 am to 5 pm... Its like social work, meeting new people, solving issues of the people, identifying their own resource and assisting them.. Lots of travel (within all over India and out side of India), stays at star hotels, a high pay cheque at the end of the month..... plus a un-married entertaining life with friends and boy friend (my hubby). It was sooooooooooooo good.