The Gita teaches the art of living and striving.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi,
    Thankyou.
    Now, I regret not having learnt Gita at an early age, because I might have been able to go through the ups & downs of life with more conviction in myself.
    But the urge has to come from within & cannot come from outside. Well, to be "brutally frank", I am not able to convince my own children to do that !
    This, in spite of the fact that V has been an ardent reader & a follower of Gita right from his early age.
    I always tease him, that to be a KarmaYogi like him, it needed a Tyagi behind him like me !:smile:
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

dear chithra
    I would like to offer my opinion about learning Gita when we are young. I think irrespective of the fact at whatever time one learns or reads or understands Gita, what really helps is ones own experiences and trials which helps us put two and two together. hopefully we reach the correct answer for which our life is preparing us.

3. Chitvish

Dear Kamla,
    Thanks for your nice words.
    We always want to "become" something, forgetting that we "are" already everything !
    We must tell ourselves:
    let me not search for means to become happy because I am happiness.
    This is not a delusion, but the stark reality, however difficult it is for us to accept.
    Love,Chithra.

4. Chitvish

Dear AC,
    You said it 100 % right.
    Experience is the best teacher, undubtedly !
    Love
    To
    Chitra
    From
    Chithra.

5. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

I did read your reply to vysan and yes, it's elaborate and makes a point.
    but when the problem is from outsiders - it becomes even worse cause at home, with our immediate people it's different but when it involves something to do with an outsider, it becomes a diff issue altogether. there the solution lies equally between the both, these times are tough - when someone cheats in business, does things behind your back, gossips about you....... to face these I think we need more than courage, more maturity and support -
    these are the times when our wretched mind seeks help - but at that time do you think our state of mind will think rationally????????

Chitra, I'll stop here - my friend just called and cried to me over phone about a situation and I just didn't know how to console her - listened to her fully, allowed her to cry and assured her of my love and support and here I am reading your mails. still very much affected.... shall write later.

Love,

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Great example.... Thanks...

First, this is not a forum which people run away... atleast not me... When it becomes theory, it takes time to set into my mind.... Here I can talk only about me... All the articles are great... I just dont want to say this/that without realising/ understanding in full.... Secondly I was scared to voice some of my opinions, as i have a different views in some areas due to my personal experiences... How it will be construed as... So, I read it and leave it... I just cant voice my views against a learned person just like that... Your encouragement made me to write.... Now you can really expect FBs in a row.... as this is my favourite subject with lot of set view points...

I always feel experiences make the person to understand thes things in a lot of ways....

Thanks for considering my view points and giving examples...

Veda

7. Chitvish

Dear Vysan,
    These topics are abstract & it does take time for them to sink into our mind, rather system. There is nothing wrong if you disagree with what is written here. Our opinions are formed only on the basis of our experience.
    Please, Sir, don't you ever think that I am a learned person - far from it. I am just a student, period.
    For many of your questions, it is likely that I may not be able to give a suitable reply, even ! But I will admit my ignorance & will not give you an answer for the sake of it.
    I am glad, you are giving life to all old threads !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Meena,
    What you have written is very true.
    When things go beyond our hands, we are helpless & have no choice except "flowing with the tide" with a prayer on our lips.
    It is enough if we always remember that we are answerable to our own conscience for every thing.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mrs. C,

Another good post from you on Gita. I hope with my life problems and the difficult decisions I have to make, reading Gita helps me as a guidance. As you said....The Gita teaches us to manage life in a smart way. I insincerely hope at those times I remember Gita and hope to proceed better in Life. Thank you.

with best wishes
    Madhu

10. Chitvish

Dear Madhu,
    Thankyou very much.
    Just bear in mind, remembering Gita comes only by practice.
    For every problem,Gita offers us a way to think.
    Love,
    Chithra.