The Gita is a practical code to man’s life.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidhi,
    I thank you, profusely, for being very prompt with your feedbacks.
    I repeat, equanimity under trying or compelling circumstances is never easy.
    But life gives us only problems - ir is up to us to find out the solutions, hidden in the Universe ! It is left to us to find them out !
    Please stay tuned, Vidhi.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear C,

I have always wondered about the Bhagavad Gita's teachings but have never ventured into it whole heartedly. But after reading your explanations as to how to adapt the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita to our everyday life, I am surely inspired.

Mere bland action is “Karma”, but when impregnated with desireless devotion and service, it turns into “ Karma Yoga”, which is doing an act without expecting any return.

I will surely try to see that all my future actions are based on the above thought.

Thanks a lot for enriching my life, dear.

3. Chitvish

Dear Chitra,
    I welcome you to this thread happily.
    I repeat, it is not easy to accept the Gita teachings on "face value".
    But experience is the best teacher and in our own quest of peace of mind, we find that the Gita gives an answer and we do want to know more about the same.
    When, in life, we do not get our physical & emotional requirements, initially we feel "battered" - but what can we do at all, except, accept them ? Let us learn to accept that there is more pleasure in doing an action than only waiting for the benefit.
    If you are inspired to such a thinking process, you are on the right path & fit to learn the Gita !
    Please continue with me, my young friend.
    Love to
    Chitra
    From
    Chithra.

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    A very wonderful post....i completely believe in this concept of doing your job, and that too enjoying and giving your best and not work towards it with end results in mind. I had studies Karma yoga for a gita esay competetion and was so impressed by it that i started following it....it has helped main my younger years when i was in the dancing career and needed the appreciation etc. I would just enjoy my work and when the praise came also, i could take it in the right way without being overjoyed or thinking it was my work....i would have already offered it to God.
    But to tell u the truth, i tell this to Rosh everyday and i still follow in many ways! It has kept me peaceful where my professional work is concerned.
    Accepting life as it is is best....
    Of course to achieve that when in distress in my personal relationships has been tough! I am trying to be become unemotional .....but sometimes it amounts to be termed as Cold person...and for a warm person like me it makes me feel worse! I have been resorting to your sloka sections!
    So maybe your further posts on Gita will help me deal my personal relationships in a better way!
    Looking fwd to your eye opening or should i call them "Mind openers", posts!:2thumbsup:

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

My dear Chitramma

When I saw the heading of this week's post (Gita), I really was bit hesitant to read it as I feel that it is too heavy subject for my lazy mind. But curiosity wins always and here i am putting my incoherent thoughts.

What you have given in simple words are relatively explained in complex terms ..by "inspirational Gurus" nowadays in Singapore and I guess all over the world and alo in the form of inspirational best sellers. The same points were conveyed to me by my boss who was a chinese singaporean, when we were discussing about behaviours of children. (She told me that this meaning of life was taught to her by her Guru who happens to be a singaporean) I am amazed that she indirectly follows the Gita by letting her children to make their choices by clearly explaining the pros and cons of the choices available. And her children are quiet independant and quick decision makers even though they are young.

I remember her with fond memories and she is the person who taught me to enjoy and live the moment without rushing to catch the future. I am still in the first steps and still have a lot more to learn and definitely people like you make a difference in many of our lives. hats off to you wonderful ladies!
    (Sorry as usual strayed from the subject:wink: )

Love and regards
    Vijee

6. Chitvish

Dear Sudha,
    Thankyou for your appreciative F b.
    Please do not mistake me as a teacher or a preacher. I am neither, but one who have been "pudam pottufied" in life in many aspects.
    Well already my children complain that I am unemotional, when it comes to showing interest in their lives.
    Sudha, honestly, I want to keep away, firstly because, ultimately they have to learn to solve their own problems and secondly, advice offered has less value than experience. I strongly think so.
    Ultimately you are answerable only to your own conscience. Do what naturally comes to you - you will behave best that way !
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Vijee,
    Thanks for your F B.
    Oh, no, Vijee - my Gita posts should not put you off !:cry:
    Make it a habit to read, whethjer you understand it or not, like it or not. Some point may catch your fancy !
    It will gradually start "seeping" into you.
    Incoherent thoughts will ultimately become coherent thoughts, to your own suprise - clarity will surely emerge !
    Please continue with me, Vijee.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

Chitraji
    I just went thru this...
    Good explanation on Gita....:2thumbsup:
    I got inspiration from this post...
    I brought Gita book from my aunt's house, but till now I didnt open and read it... But today, after going, I'll definitely read it.... :yes:

Gayathri.:wave

9. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    This is perhaps one of the most thought-provoking philosophical articles that I've read in life so far. It is the ideal solution - karma without attachment - and I think ONLY enlightened souls are able to do this easily.
    By God's grace, I am married to a person who is much more of a positive-thinker and emotionally balanced than me. My husband always says 'Do what you do but please dont have expectations from anybody or anything'. I find myself not following this, on many occasions - at home, at work. I am thrilled even by the smallest positive thing that happens today and disturbed when sthg doesnt happen 'MY' way (be it right or wrong:)). My husband, thankfully, is a patient listener and listens to all my excited talks about good and my complaints about bad !
    But yes, at least I know that my attitude needs to be corrected. Perhaps, this awareness itself is a good beginning.
    I am really looking fwd to more such posts from you.
    Thanks for being a beacon of light to us on IL..
    with love
    Pavithra

10. Chitvish

Dear Gayathriji,
    Thankyou for joining us here.
    If my post can inspire you to get home a copy of the Gita, I am more than happy.
    But remember there is a lot of, rather wide difference between reading & understanding.
    Start with the first on a regular basis, you will ultimately reach the second stage, gradually, but definitely !
    Love,
    Chithra.