The four-fold Qualifications.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, May 24, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radha,
    Thankyou for joining us here.
    I know I am stretching myself a little too much ! But this basic knowledge is necessary before we dwell on the Gita !
    Leave alone practice, awareness, I would say is the first step ! We can initiate ourselves into it, to start with, in this janma.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra

Many thanks for sharing an article about Sadhana Chatushtayam. I read and re-read the article for clear understanding. I could understand about Preyas and Sreyas through your simple language. I understood about the sixfold qualifications and feel that it needs several janams for practice.

Waiting for ur next weeks post.

Thanking u
    Love and regards
    Priya

3. Chitvish

Dear Priya,
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    You are right, one has to read it with concentration , to understand the post. You have done just that.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

thanks for the link - that helped me understand this thread better.
    of late, I've started believing in Karma... certain experiences keeps re-inforcing that faith.
    Moksha explanation was too good to read. your line, "One should discover happiness in oneself and not depend on security, pleasure", - very true, Chitra. I lately heard my aunt say, "security comes from within, even a 10 crore worth mutual fund in one's name wouldn't give any security to one's life. that conversation had actually triggered my thought process on a lot of other things and reading your post is so soothing to my soul.

the four D's makes me think again on a lot of issues.
    the last D, I think is most important and if we can try and follow atleast this one then the others might be a little easy to follow.
    over all, thought provokin post - shld say thought provokin week.

Love,

5. Chitvish

Dear Meena,
    Thankyou for the feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the post. It does make us think "inwards" - but it is essential at some stage of life.
    A few topics unavoidably become heavy - but cannot be left out, for any reason !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear chith,
    As Meena has correctly said, this is a thought provoking post. In your unique lucid style you have explained all vedanthic jargons without confusing. I just enjoyed the simple explanations. In fact you made us reassess our personalities and try to go about the proper way in elevating the self.
    Regards,
    Meenu

7. Chitvish

Dear Meenu,
    Thanks for the very interesting F B.
    But it is with apprehension that I post abstract topics, can't help admitting it !
    Please stay tuned.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

You have done a great job of bringing this concept to us in your simple and lucid style. Even this simple form needs all my attention to understand and I have already read it a couple of times and shall read some more. Enjoying this spiritual thread immensely. Thanks to you.

L, Kamla

9. Chitvish

Dear Kamla,
    Thank you for joining us here.
    I was sure you are not cold shouldering me, but did not reply for lack of time !:mrgreen: . I have gone through a busy grand mom's routine four times !
    Not only you, I too still read it regularly to remember the points ! These things are chewed & masticated over a period of time !
    Thanks again, my dear friend !
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Recently I haven't interacted on this sub-forum until now. Loved your write-up as usual. Dispassion is taking a while to come-by especially in certain aspects & hence I'm stuck in the present trying to fight my sorrow. I wish I can learn to be this wonderful person sooner so atleast I don't agonize others.