1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The flower that makes the difference

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

It has been 29 years since Shyam and Sudha were married. Their engagement was conducted in a grand manner after inviting friends and relatives from their respective family. Those days, it was not very common for the prospective bride and groom to get together and spend time privately. However, Sudha’s parents were very considerate allowing Shyam to come to their place as many times as he wanted and spend time with Sudha, talk to each other or take a little walk or even go to a restaurant/theatre for a quick bite/watch a movie or take a little bike ride which they used to enjoy so much those days. Every day he spent with Sudha those days were invaluable making him learn so much about her tender heart.

The finally their wedding day arrived. Frankly, it was a tiring day for both of them. From going through religious stuff besides meeting so many families especially sitting and standing in the same place for hours together was really tedious. The next day after marriage, they took off for a wonderful honeymoon trip. They spent considerable amount of time walking together holding each other’s hand, went on a romantic boating trip, smelled every flower they came across in the flower garden and before they could realize they spent 4 days together which appeared like 4 minutes to them.

Then the real life started when they returned. Sudha faced a lot of adversities with Shyam’s family for some strange reasons or other. But she loved Shyam so much so that all that pain appeared nothing to her. Shyam was caught between the relationship with his parents and his dear spouse. Slowly, he understood the pain Sudha was going through over the next 6 months. He decided to take her out of her misery and decided to live separately. Even though they lived separately, Sudha insisted that she along with her husband should have excellent relationship with his parents. Her only focus was to keep her husband happy and make sure he does not have any worries in his mind about his parents.

Within 4 years after their marriage, they came to know that it would not be possible for them to have biological children. Both Sudha and Shyam were shocked. Shyam held Sudha’s hands and suggested that they should adopt a child outside of the family. She liked that idea and immediately they registered themselves with an adoption center. Within a few months, they got a call that they have a male child to be given on adoption. They took custody of the child and after a year, they went to the court to complete the adoption process and registered a deed of adoption. Again, they had happiness in life as they enjoyed every milestone achieved by their son.

However, there is significant amount of resistance form Shyam’s family on their decision to adopt a child and his family was very indifferent to the child. They also bad mouthed her husband stating that he did not have the capabilities to professionally grow. Sudha took it as a challenge and dedicated her life to make him very successful in his career and took complete responsibility to raise the child. She would take any verbal abuse herself from her husband’s family but won’t take any verbal abuse of her husband from anyone including his parents.

She encouraged him to move from job to job and he was growing so rapidly. Finally, that golden opportunity came for them to migrate to another country. They happily took that opportunity which resulted in Shyam becoming one of the top executives in a major corporation. The child grew as fine young man knowing only his parents and their friends. There was very little interaction for him with his dad’s family but his mom’s parents showered their love on him. He has grown into a wonderful young man. Still Sudha is struggling to make Shyam maintain a good relationship with his family each day.

Shyam realizes the sacrifices Sudha made to make him what he is today. On this wonderful Valentine’s Day, he gave her beautiful bunch of roses, a box of chocolates and a beautiful red balloon that said “I love you” on one side and “Happy Valentine’s Day” on the other. He remembered what he is today professionally is because of her. His son grew into a fine young man with all wonderful qualities she taught him each day. He is sitting down and wondering how in the world he is ever going to repay her for whatever she had done to him in the past 29 years. Only thing he could think of is to shower his love to her as long as he lives.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Sir,
    Another Heart Touching story from your desk.. loved it..

Yes, the story is more or less similar in many cases in many families (for my parents generation) women standing strongly sacrificing everything they have for husband and children.. And many never both to recognise or acknowledge their deeds.. Atleast Shyam realised and does that..

Felt happy reading it.. :)

3. Viswamitra

Thank you for giving the first feedback on this blog. That too, it was so wonderful. Yes. You are correct. Many a times, the silent work carried out with no fanfare is never acknowledged by family and in some cases even by the husband. In most of the cases, it is the woman of the house who is really pillar behind the success of the families. They are very good in what they do but prefer to be in the background which is a quality that we all need to admire and respect.

Viswa

4. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswamitra,What a lovely story!.This is real Valentine
    gift for all our IL friends.I really appreciate your talent!Your way
    writing love stories or any other topic,your writing style is superb!
    In this story"The flower that makes the difference", sudha's role
    is wonderful,You know one thing,In each house, the husband or
    wife, plays sudha's role,Even you and me?in our family!It doesn't matter! It is a Sacrifice.To make them( husband or wife) happy,for the sake of our family.
    and taking risk in their life.sudha encouraged him and gave her full support.
    sudha's only focus was to keep her husband happy and she has done it.
    shyam is thinking,how he is going to repay,whatever she had done for him.
    At least shyam has realize what she had done for him,and he decided to shower his love to her as long as he lives. Yeah, it is lovely love story.
    Thank you very much for giving us a beautiful story!.

5. Viswamitra

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for thinking that the story is a wonderful gift to all IL members. That gives me a tremendous sense of fulfillment. As you said, it is a true story in every family. "The flower that makes the difference" also is a true story except that the names are changed.

Please keep sending those wonderful comments.

Thank you.

Viswa

6. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful Story Sir!! Apt title :)

7. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai viswa,

A TRUE LOVE was well described in a nutshell with deep love. Again i would like to
    tell you it is the correct and perfect understanding of both the person which really reaped the happiness in their Life. Tks for such a wonderful post

8. Viswamitra

Nihasvin, Thank you for your kind feedback. I love your blogs and comments.

Viswa

9. Viswamitra

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and actually, your feedback brought tears into my eyes. I don't want to share the reasons in this blog but I am sure you would be able to guess it.

Viswa

10. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Another beautiful story from you Sir.

It takes a lot of nerve to be a wife like Sudha.

We might see few families with DIL like Sudha but there will be no acknowledgement from Shyam.......

I was happy to see a good human being like Sudha and Shyam in your story.